“Excellent 5 star Hotel in BKC”

Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Ranked #10 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I choose this hotel just for the proximity to my office in BKC and I amazed by their wonderful hospitality. The staff was really professional warm and helpful. The buffet at the O22 resturant had everything to please everyone deserts were amazingly good. They even offered me to get me my regular medicine when I inquired about a chemist shop. This is a OASIS in the commercial area of BKC.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. I am giving 3 rating to sleep quality as the big soft fibre pillows caused disc...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Saswata B
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your stay at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and your dining experience at O22- our all-day dining restaurant. On your next visit you must also try the Sunday Brunch at O22. The extensive buffet spread will take you on a culinary trip around the world!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I got a response from Trident to my earlier review here in Tripadvisor. Since then, Trident, in my every trip has displayed aspects of the hotel that went missed in my earlier trips. There are still areas to improve, but what impressed me:
1) It is very gladdening to note how seriously Trident takes the feedback and how they tried to turn my impression around. Not all organisations care so much for customer experience and this is very impressive
2) I have stayed in their big rooms, these are very spacious, have some very good facilities, well stocked with news papers and magazines etc. While they might have smaller rooms, which I experienced in my initial stays, I have seen some of their larger rooms and they are excellent
3) Their Indian restaurant has some very good unique items in their menu and the food is excellent. In my earlier visits I had never been to this restaurant. It was a revelation. Although am told the menu was to change in November
4) Very courteous staff. Not that they were not earlier. But the check-in and check-out staff acknowledge my earlier review and I can see that they are all making a very sincere and serious effort to prove me wrong
5) The best part of the hotel is its loyalty programme. A programme that really rewards you for being loyal. I have already had a one night free stay which was helpful for me in making a transit stop with family in Mumbai. I could take my family because as a Gold Member I'm allowed to take my partner. Making the booking was straight forward and not the typical response you expect that rooms are not available on teh date etc.

Having said all the above, what did not work is again customer experience. The staff that knew of my review were making a very sincere effort to fix it. But this feeling of providing a great customer experience is not pervasive among all the staff. These experiences turn you off. Fortunately they haven't turned me off to stop going to the hotel. I don't want to list them here because, the real reason for writing this review was to tell the management of Trident that am really impressed with the effort taken by the management in response to my original review. Parts of my original review stands, the hotel still has smaller rooms, does nto have many restaurants around it and the lobby is still small as it lacks space. But, I want to show how serious they are to make sure they address their customer's concerns and this is something that I'm extremely impressed with.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank prasoonr
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of the hotel and its services.
I regret to note that you felt some of our team members were not as oriented as others towards providing a great customer experience. This is quite contrary to our service philosophy and I shall meet you in person on your next stay at the hotel to gain a better insight into the areas of improvement. We believe that we have a team that is known for its warmth, courtesy and enthusiasm and I would like to ensure that our perception of success in this regard matches our guests’ experience consistently.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and meeting you at your convenience on your next visit to Mumbai.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Rooms have city or pool views.The 500 air-conditioned guestrooms at Trident Bandra Kurla Mumbai include MP3 docking stations and CD players.Rooms are equipped with LCD televisions with premium satellite channels and DVD players. Beds have Tempur-Pedic mattresses, triple sheeting, down comforters, and down blankets. Pillow menus are available. Wireless and wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge) is provided. . All accommodations provide desks, ergonomic chairs, and speakerphones with voice mail. Bathrooms offer shower/tub combinations with handheld showerheads, and rainfall showerheads. Bathrooms also include double sinks, scales, and bathrobes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Mitasvil
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your detailed review regarding your stay at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am glad to note that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I made my first visit to Mumbai on Oct 29-Nov 2, 2012. The company I was visiting selected the hotel - it was really nice. The hotel engaged a driver to pick me up at the airport when my flight came in at 2:00 a.m. The driver, whose name is Chetan, was so personable that I engaged him to give me a personal 4 hour tour of Mumbai the following day. He met me in the hotel's car, brought bottled water and cooled face towels, and proceeded to show me the highlights of Mumbai. What a great tour guide! He can be reached through the hotel - he is one of their drivers. He told me about Mumbai/India history, architecture, film industry, culture, and made the trip so much better than if I had just stayed in the hotel and gone to the business meetings.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Judith B
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad to note that we were able to make your stay memorable in Mumbai.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hotel will give you a true 5 star experience... Location wise also it is very good... Rooms are superb... Breakfast is ok... The Indian restaurant called Maya serves good food.. Liquor variety especially wine is awesome.. But seems to be very very expensive even in happy hours.....

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank ParthaAcharya
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am glad to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the hotel and its services.

With regard to your comment on the pricing, I assure you that we are priced in line with most hotels in the city.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We, my husband, 4 years old son and me, stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in October. This is the first time we tried the Trident Group, as we mostly stick to Hilton and sometimes Taj group. We were impressed by the way they maintain this property. Our check-in was quick n smooth. All the staffs are very courteous and soft spoken. We took their base category rooms and it was spacious enough. Cleanliness of this hotel gets 10 out of 10. All the toiletries were from “Kama” and were very nice. 2nd night they left a nice muffin with edible duck for our son. It was very refreshing to see that after a hot humid and tiring outing from the city.
The breakfast spread was great with choices of Indian and continental cuisine. Though only other meal apart from breakfast we had in the hotel was Thai curry and rice that we ordered as room service, we felt overall the food might be tasty here.
Location of the hotel is also very nice, on our return every evening, we felt very relaxed after the tiring day at the city. This part of city has very international feel and does not look like Mumbai.
Overall, we will return to this hotel whenever we visit Mumbai.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am glad to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and have left with a high opinion of the hotel and its services.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for over a month for business, and the staff was excellent. If you can, stay on the club floors, as there is a separate dining area which is convenient for breakfasts and afternoon snacks.

Located in the BKC, it isn't too convenient to South Bombay, but if you have business in the BKC or Bandra this is a good hotel for travelers as it is fairly close to the airport. If you are expecting to be able to walk to any place, then this isn't the hotel for you, since the BKC is a new development full of superblocks. But there are new hotels being built around the Trident, which means a better selection of restaurants close by.

The pool is a nice size and located in a fairly quiet part of the hotel, as is the exercise room.

The best part is the staff, who quickly learned our names and knew what we wanted for breakfast and when to clean our rooms. Which is a plus when we stayed for an extended period.

This isn't the cheapest hotel - and the restaurant and car hires bear this out - but if you are looking for a safe, clean and neat hotel, this is for you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BombayFlights
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

With regards to your comment on the pricing in the restaurants and car transfers, I assure you that we are priced in line with most hotels in the city.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.