“Excellent business hotel for BKC”

Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Ranked #9 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
UK
“Excellent business hotel for BKC”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My company's India HQ has relocated from Fort to BKC which necessitated an inaugural stay at the Trident which I chose on recommendation ahead of the Grand Hyatt.

If you are looking for an efficient,modern business hotel within walking distance of most offices in BKC, then this is the hotel for you.

The Trident lacks the sophistication of the Four Seasons and the class of the Taj Mahal, but is an excellent business hotel for India. WiFi access was consistent, hotel bar buzzing and room service and restaurant menus excellent. Of particular note was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had in an Indian business hotel.

Downsides are minor. Much of BKC is still under construction so there is a bit of a building site feel to the place. However as this is a remote business district the area benefits from a lack of overcrowding common in areas such as Worli and Fort.

Airport transfer at Rs2200 was a bit steep, but smooth and comfortable.

Hotel rooms are very modern and superbly clean if a little on the small side.

Hotel gym - always important for me - was excellent.

This will now be my default hotel on Mumbai business trips. I will be sad to see the Four Seasons go but Trident is an excellent alternative.

hotel for you.

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank SonnyCrock
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for the appreciative comments about your experience at our hotel and its locational advantage.

At Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, we take immense pride in the services that we offer. I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. It is feedback such as yours which motivates our entire team to continue striving for excellence.

With regard to your feedback about the charges for airport transfer, I would like to apprise you that like most other hotels in India, we have outsourced hotel car services to a third party. In our case, we use Avis Car Rentals as our guest transportation service provider. The charges for guest usage are dictated by the Avis pricing combined with the pricing of similar services at other hotels in the city, who use other service providers. The charges also incorporate the cost of maintenance of the cars and the training imparted to chauffeurs before they are put on active duty.

I have also noted your comment regarding the location of the hotel. While most of the work in the surrounding area will take some time to be completed, we shall ensure that we allocate you a room away from any construction activity around the hotel in future. We do have rooms that do not face the construction site and I will ensure that one of these is blocked for you on your next stay with us.

We value your support and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

General Manager, Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2011

It is a long trip from Mumbair Airport (1 hour) and it is also long trip with the traffic if you want to do all the sightseing...but it is worth every minute of it!! When you enter your feel you are coming into a palace. This hotel has nothing to envy any hotel in America neither in Europe. Actually, service wise...many hotels around the world should follow them!! It is modern, clean lines, deluxe hotel. From the bellman with his heritage clothes to every single server and front desk assistant. Top of the Top. The breakfast is a 5 stars restaurant buffet where you don't even have to wait after you decide what to eat because they will bring it to your table. They do not expect any tips (they don't accept tips, you can leave a global tip in an envelope at the front desk at check out and they will share it equally). The hotel management informs the guest that they are there to serve you and tips are not allowed. But, comparing once again to America, you will be happy to leave the tip at the end. I have to name a few like Rajat (?) he was the housekeeping manager of our floor (room 364) because he went out and beyond to make as feel like royal family. And of course Georgin Jose, a very well educated boy from Kerala who served us on several occasions through the different areas of the hotel. Bravo to the Management who hired them and please praise them for offering such a good service. I want to stay only on Trident / Oberoi hotels from now on!!

Room Tip: Just ask for it...all are excellent rooms!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank IngridHA1973
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for the appreciative comments about your experience at our hotel. I am delighted to know that you left with a positive impression of our product and services.

I have conveyed your kind words of appreciation to Rajan and Georgin who are delighted to know that their efforts have been recognized and appreciated by you. Their conduct, empathy and concern for guests make them wonderful ambassadors of The Oberoi Group.

I am glad to note your acknowledgement of our gratuity policy.

Thank you once again for having stayed with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2011

2 nights at the trident for a v brief trip to mumbai - room was faultless as was the general level of service - only criticism would be the cost of food, drinks and internet access.

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for the appreciative comments about the hotel product and services. I am glad to note that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable.

I regret to note that you felt our food and beverage pricing was expensive. The price we charge currently is in line with most hotels in the city and across our hotels. I will certainly keep your feedback on record for when we next review the pricing structure.

Please do let me know specifically which dishes on the menu you thought were not competitively priced so that I can review them and ensure that we meet your expectations.

With regard to your comment about internet pricing, we do have special rates and packages which are inclusive of internet services. In fact, we specifically have a package tailor-made for corporate guests called the ‘Business Travel Plus Package’ which includes internet, breakfast and an airport-to-hotel transfer at a very reasonable price. You could either call us directly to book this or make a reservation through our website.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Just stayed in Trident Bandra Kurla earlier this month on a business trip. Being the only five star rated property in the BKC area, this hotel enjoys the monopolistic status in the locality. But my overall experience was excellent. In fact I loved the way I was escorted to my room through a guest c-ordination executive. The hospitality was amazing and made me feel very comfortable. Coming to food now- Its good food here but I found it a bit exorbitantly priced as compared to other five start properties. Perhaps this this one area where they can improve. Even the buffet options were limited in dinner and I believe they should have more options in Chinese and continental in dinner and other buffets. Overall a good property and I would love to go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for the appreciative comments regarding your stay at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am glad to note that you left with a good impression of our hospitality.

However, I regret to note that you felt our food pricing was expensive. The price we charge currently is in line with most hotels in the city and across our hotels. I will certainly keep your feedback on record for when we next review the pricing structure.

Your feedback regarding the need to have more options of Chinese and Continental dishes at dinner and other buffets has been noted. On your future visits, we will ensure that you get to see and savor the best of our cuisine.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2011

i started staying at the trident bandra about 8 months ago, i visit mumbai rvery 4-6 weeks and have stayed in many of the 5* hotels. i will always book the trident from now on, it is immaculate in cleanliness and the staff are superb.

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for your generous words of appreciation for my team and the product. Your appreciation certainly motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests.

We value your continued support and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

New delhi
Reviewed August 19, 2011

i loved the hotel.....they had great service...even before i reached the room after check in...my luggage was already security checked and scanned and sent to the room. only problem i faced was thanks to the KKR and pune warriors team staying in the hotel....esp with the pune team being in the next room. the security would storp me everytime on my floor as i would get out of the lift and insist on making me do an entry in the register. anywys....the hotel beds are comfortable...and i love the wide screen windows with the blackout curtains. the hotel is located in the bandra kurla complex which is like a corporate island in the middle of the mumbai mess and filth. It is really nice

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you very much for posting your review about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and have left with a positive impression of the hotel product and services.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to the stringent security measures during your stay at the hotel. I would like to apprise you that the stringent security measures were enforced due to high security alert received during the IPL tournament and for the safety and security of the players staying with us.

I once again sincerely apologize for the discomfort caused due to this and would like to assure you that the stringent security checks were only enforced during the duration when the IPL teams stayed with us and is not a norm at the hotel.

miami
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 5 days in this hotel during a visit to Mumbai. The staff of the hotel is very well trained and made us fell us much comfortable as possible. Gave us lots of advice about places to visit and shopping options. The hotel is very modern, clean, very well maintained, and quiet. We had all our meals in the main restaurant and the food was delicious. It is not central, but it is easy to get taxis to take you around Mumbai.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelbug56Miami
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for your appreciative comments about our hotel. It is our privilege to have served you satisfactorily at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I will share your kind words of appreciation with our team members – and am certain they will act as a source of great motivation and pride for all of them.

The team at the hotel and I look forward to more opportunities to be of service.