“good hotel at nice location”

The Oriental Residency
Ranked #61 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“good hotel at nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

I like this hotel

1. location 8/10
2. reception 9/10 helpful
3. room cleanliness 8/10
4. bathroom 6/10 (i dont like toiletry)
5. sleeping comfort 9/10
6. food 8/10 (room service officer mamta very helping)

Do I book this hotel again ?? certainly yes.

Best part of this property is no matter where you want to go, you can go easily whether it is south mumbai, western or eastern suburb , airports , night life everything.

Room Tip: all room are same nothing special in view its concrete jungle out side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Pankaj J, Front Office Manager at The Oriental Residency, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Hotel The Oriental Residency, Mumbai and taking time out to share your experience with us through Trip Advisor!

We are glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and were able to explore the city. We are also happy to know that your stay was pleasant and you appreciated each and every services available in the hotel.

Your positive marking about our hotel ,food and other services are truly a delightful source of encouragement for our entire team.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Thane, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Typically classic hotel. Keeps a low profile in a upmarket area. The rooms are pleasant and spacious. Service is quick and effective. Would recommend if you plan not to travel too much from your base as most of the things to do are pretty close by.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel the Oriental Residency Mumbai, and taking time out to share your experience with us through Trip Advisor!

We are really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant, and you found our room comfortable and specious. We are also happy to have learnt that you enjoyed our service and location of the hotel.

I would definitely share your comments with our entire team. My team and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Oriental Residency.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one week by myself for vacation and to do photography. This hotel was awesome, everything about it was great. Location was great, lots to do around hotel food and shopping wise and everything was much cheaper then down south where the majority of tourists are. Also very close to train station and transportation to other parts of city was always cheap and readily available. Hotel had reliable, inexpensive wi-fi access and the complimentary breakfast was delicious, as was all the other food on the menu. Breakfast had lots of options and menu had Indian, Oriental, and international choices. Special thanks to chef Ahmed for always ensuring the food was great. Room was also nice and the 24 hour room service was nice too especially being able to have food from the restaurant brought straight to your room whenever you want. House-keeping also made sure that your room was always kept clean. Want to also thank Pankaj and Amit up front for always looking out and being extremely helpful. Also huge thanks to Ravi and Mamta from the restaurant for being super nice and helpful at all times, always treating me as if I were a guest in their own home. Can't thank them by name, but honestly everyone else that worked there too was extremely friendly and kind at all times and I am extremely grateful for how welcoming they were to me. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and definitely go back when given the chance.

1 Thank ZachfromVB
Pankaj J, Front Office Manager at The Oriental Residency, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear Mr.Zachary

We thank you for staying with us and genuinely appreciate you taking the time out to write such an amazing and detailed review about us.

We are really glad to know that your stay was pleasant and you appreciated each and every services available in the hotel.We are also happy to know that you enjoyed our 24 hours Room service and complimentary breakfast at our Soul restaurant & Bar. Our Chefs and Restaurant Managers would be delighted to know the same.
Your positive comment about our hotel ,food and other services are truly a delightful source of encouragement for our entire team.

Me and my team can’t wait to welcome you back at your home in Mumbai.

Asst.Front Office Manager
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is very convenient specially if you are flying into Mumbai,under 5 kms from the domestic airport ,you can get an aircondioned cab from prepaid counter of the airport forRs 300/-.This hotel in Khar is nearly in the centre of the city and you can get all modes of transport outside the hotel
The rooms are spacious (except the classic) ,neat and clean have a coffee tea maker and a refrigerator.The staff is very courteous and efficient .They offer you compimentary one litre of mineral water per day if you need more the charges are heavy. It is better to just go accross the road and get your supply of water from the store which keeps dairy products also and is open from early morning till late night.You can also buy fruit just outside the store.
The breakfast is complimentary available between 6 am and till 11am suits the early and late risers both.There is a good variety of food North Indian South Indian and continental. It is a buffet breakfast they have a dosa and egg live counters and the staff is very helpful they serve you hot dishes on your table., If in the spread you find the food is not hot do not hestitate in asking for hot food.The food is slighty bland so if you are the one who likes very little salt and practically no chillies in food you have no problem otherwise on live counters you can order as per your taste.

This was my second visit to the hotel last I stayed with them in Jan 2011. I would definately stay with them If I ever visit Mumbai again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator,not only because of the movment of people but also because the hotel i...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rajan51
Pankaj J, Front Office Manager at The Oriental Residency, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest

We are glad that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and were able to explore the city. We are also happy to have learnt that you enjoyed extended hour of Breakfast. It’s our constant Endeavour to provide guest with a clean and comfortable room.
Your appreciation for the hotel, services and our staff have been shared with the entire team and they were delighted to know that.

SAINT DENIS REUNION
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I went again to this hotel : it's a great pleasure !!

At my arrival , I APPRECIATE the staff : tanks for his kind welcome ; he has done what is necessary to get my stay pleasant !

When i left the hotel , earlier on the morning at 3h00 AM , I met another staff who was very kind too : thanks for morning welcome !!!

The room was clean and the hotel is well located in Bandra : in the room it was possible to take a rest : it was not noisy

I went to the restaurant for dinner :Just like GOPAL , who is always serious and toughtfull ,KISHAN BAHADUR is a good person : his duty was irreprocheable !! Thanks for their welcome and their attention

It was a pleasant stay !!

Room Tip: The staff of the hotel can do what is necessary to pickup or to drop to the airport ! It is n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Greetings from the Team and Management of The Oriental Residency, Mumbai

We are happy to know that your Arrival and departure experience was pleasant and that you liked the cleanliness and location of the hotel.

I would definitely share your comments with our entire team especially with Gopal and Kishen, I am sure they will be happy to know your observation about them.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I was greeted very warmly.The rooms were very nice.The best part is that it is very centrally located.Near to station and linking market.Though I checked out at 12pm and my flight was in eve‚the manager himself offerred me a room in eve for freshning up.His gesture made it an icing on the cake.

• Stayed May 2014
Sameer Y, General Manager at The Oriental Residency, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel The Oriental Residency, Mumbai and taking your time out to share your experience with us through TripAdvisor!

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed the hotel stay. It further encourages our belief to customize food for our esteemed guests.

Thanks for appreciating our location of our hotel. We are located close to Linking Road which is the mecca of shopping in Mumbai. Linking Road is Rated as the 7th in Mumbai and 20th in the world most expensive streets for Retailers. There are loads of pubs , restaurants and shopping around us.

When we get reviews such as yours it further instills our confidence towards enhancing guest comfort and safety. Thanking you once again and we look forward to having you stay with us in future.

Thanks & regards,

Sameer Yelve.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

moved there for the last day of my trip as this hotel is only 15 minutes from the airport and my plane to London was very early in the morning. What a plesant surprise after the anonimity of the IOnternationmal Chains Hotel. Family run, small, clean, with all mods & cons, with attached a reastaurant where I had a very good chicken byriani, this is the ideal place for budget travelerr with a vie to clean, efficiant no frill hotel (it reminded me of the Ibis in europe...)- I will be back.

Room Tip: the Hotel looks on a very busy street so make sure your room does not look onto it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sameer Y, General Manager at The Oriental Residency, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant, the room comfortable and clean. We are also happy to have learnt that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast & Chicken Biryani.

Thanks & regards,