All reviewscommon roomhot waterslum tourbudget optioncst stationbudget travellerswithin walking distanceac roomfree wifivictoria terminusmin walkgateway to indiathird floorlocation is greatcolaba causewaycentral locationstayed here for nights
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I stayed at the hotel April 2009 during easter, at the time Mumbai was at it's hottest. So I stayed at the hotel before it was refurbished.
For the first night I had a non AC room, but got uppgraded to a AC room for the rest of my stay.
And I slept like a baby, the beds might feel hard but I enjoyed it!

The staff are very helpsome, and gladley help guests with whatever they need!

The location of the Travellers Inn is both central and quiet, it's a short walk to CST in one end and the Financial district in the other. If you walk out to the SBS road, it's easy to get a cab to everywhere in this amazing city!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2011

1. If you are looking at luxury, this is definitely not a place for you..
2. It has a clean and simple room.. worth the money you spent.. the toilets are also clean equipped with hot water..
3. Wifi is provided free but only at the lounge area, you won't get it in your room..
4. If you are looking at a cheap transport to get to the airport, don't ask the hotel.. better find a taxi yourself.. the hotel charged me rs1900 for the airport pickup... when I was leaving, I took a taxi and it just cost me rs400 (but with no a/c taxi)..
5. You can just ask the staffs if you need information about where to go in Mumbai, they are very helpful
6. Location wise, it is only 5-8 minutes walk from the CST train station

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank DanArif
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Excellent location, within 5 minutes walk from Mumbai CST train station. Great cafe/bar and tasty restaurant literally around the corner. Good starting point to visit the fort area and Gateway of India by foot.
We had a quiet and clean AC room. Without windows or decoration, it looks like a prison cell. However, for a very short stay, we didn't mind the simplicity!
There is also a terminal next to the reception desk with Internet access at a fair price.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
sethimohit, Owner at Hotel Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2011

Thank you for the review :) Hope to serve you once again best .....Travellers Inn Mumbai

Reviewed January 29, 2011

We stayed at the Traveller's Inn for 4 nights. The rooms are small, but clean. Our first night we were on the first floor outside the reception area which was loud at night with the staff talking and people checking in. The second night we were moved up to the 2nd floor which was quieter, but even with no windows open there were many mosquitos in the room. Mumbai was somewhat warm and we tried to run the AC unit to keep cool, but it was too loud to sleep with.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I was dreading my trip to Mumbai, fearing the outrageously expensive accommodation with which I'd been threatened by people staying in $100 a night hotels, but arriving at this little gem completely annihilated my fears: for an exteremly reasonable 520 Rps a night I stayed in an impeccably clean, well-lit and perfectly located dormitary with only two other beds. So impressed at this hotel was I that I stayed for almost two weeks here. The major attraction of this sensibly styled hotel was the large number of awesome backpacking typed with whom I spent many nights sharing beer at the adjacent Universal Cafe. The staff at the hotel are very obliging, including storing my bicycle (a lot of cycle tourists seem to frequent this place) and sending on a packing that arrived too late for me. The only down-side is that you need to book ahead by email and have a clear idea of how many nights you'll be staying!

A top place that totally changed my experience of Mumbai!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
sethimohit, Owner at Hotel Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011