Hotel Travellers Inn
$99
$98
$47
Agoda.com
Hotel Le Grande(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
$48
$40
The Resort(Mumbai)
$113
$87
$112
$78
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscommon roomhot waterslum tourbudget optionclose to the train stationbudget travellerssmall windowwithin walking distancefree wifivictoria terminusnon acmin walkgateway to indialocation is greatthird floorstreet foodcolaba causeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in the hottest time of the year.
acceptable to western standards (does the job). quite costly compared to other parts of india but one of the cheaper hotels in mumbai.
great location - walking distance (15 mins) to gateway of india and even less to CST station.
hotel room could have been a little cleaner (some trash left inside cupboard). but I definitely wouldn't call it dirty.
the big problem I had was with towels.
as a traveller in India I always wash twice daily, especially during this hot period where one would be sweating after roaming around throughout the day.

on my second day I requested a fresh towel having used my first one twice. the man who was at reception gave me a towel. this was not clean, neither were all others beneath the counter. they had been washed, but the white colour as not uniform (grey marks) and so I can only assume they were not washed at a high enough temperature.

the gentleman in question was helpful about it and gave me what seemed to be a new towel from the cupboard.

after using this towel twice, I requested another towel the next day. I was told laundry was not done and that I should wait until the next morning. that evening I had to shower without a towel as my towel had already been taken for washing.

the next morning I requested towel from one of the cleaners. I was told laundry had still not arrived. I had plans that day n I told him this. suddenly a fresh towel was available from behind the counter.

another gentleman who was also there (Nilish the manager) then asked my room number. he told me "towels are given every 2 days sir, not everyday".

firstly, no one came to freshen up the room as it happens in other hotels so I'm not sure how this would happen anyway. but, if I'm asking for a fresh towel then it should be given with a smile on their face without indirectly telling me I should not be asking for one.

I was not told about this policy on arrival. however for the sake of good customer service they should have given the towel without question. essentially they expected me to use a towel 4 times before it would get washed.

this is not some dingy budget hotel, I took a non AC room which had a television and satellite - so then why was having a fresh towel such a big issue and why was I made to feel guilty about asking for one?

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had been to mumbai on a personal / business trip, we needed to stay for more than one week. After doing lot of googling and research over the internet we found travellers inn to be the good and within my budget.

After staying for more than a week, we found Travellers Inn is one of the best and excellent hotels within a affordable budget. It is near to colaba - gateway of india. The room which we got had good lighting, spacious and well maintained. The amenities like hot water, TV and internet facilities are good.The staff were good. The maintenance of the rooms like cleaning the room, changing bed spreads etc was done professionally.

Would surely stay at travellers inn next time I visit mumbai.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mukund_gopi
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The location of Traveller's Inn was perfect for sightseeing and viewing much of Bombay and their staff is professional and personable. Our television had a variety of channels we could watch and there was always hot water available for showers. The only problem we had during our stay was with the internet connection. We had trouble signing into their internet with our own iphones and computers and we met other guests having similar problems with their ipads and other devices. We are aware that the staff is trying to improve their internet connection inside the hotel rooms as well as in their new lounge once it's completed on the top floor, so I'm sure the internet stability shall strengthen in time. There's a great group of people running this place and highly recommend any budget traveller to stay here while touring Mumbai!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a great option if you're looking for a budget hotel centrally located in Mumbai. The hotel is in the Fort area, very close to Colaba. The room was very basic and quite small, but served its purpose and had A/C, which was important at the end of May. Unfortunately, the bed was not that comfortable, but our A/C and fan definitely cooled down the room. The staff were very helpful and were able to arrange taxis to the airport. Our room was right by the wireless router, so experienced good wi-fi. The only recommendation I would make is to put some low lights on the stairs, as they are quite steep and when leaving to go to the airport at 3am, I managed to miss a step and severely twist my ankle.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Whilst it's certainly not terrible, its certainly overpriced for what it is. There aren't too many budget options for solos travellers in Mumbai and at Rs500 for a dorm bed this is considered one of them. The dorm room consists of three beds with ensuite toilet and shower room. The beds appear to be of the sort that roll out from the garage with you have extra guests staying at home. Though they're relatively clean they're not comfortable. It's location is okay with a couple of cheap eats nearby and a walkable distance to Colaba.

I personally found the staff indifferent bordering on rude. I stayed for one night before finding somewhere cheaper in Colaba itself. Look around and you'll do better.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
sethimohit, Owner at Hotel Travellers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for writing a review but i would like to inform you Mumbai is no more cheaper..Well I remember i was the one attending you when u arrive in the morning and we helped you through out the way to give the best directions of Mumbai and Mani Bhavan..But if u wish to travel in bust then taxi are much cheaper and faster options instead of taking a bus that was just my suggestion and I guess it was not rude at all to give u information about Mumbai.. Well colaba maybe has cheaper options.but definitely not cheaper then fort area ...as it is more easier to walk through fort then colaba area..thank you for staying with us hope we u will give us a chance to serve you one more time in Travellers inn Mumbai and make your stay comfortable
Travellers Inn Mumbai