“Great seafood”

Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fort/Kala Ghoda
Description: Established by Mr.S.C.Karkera in 1977; Mahesh Lunch Home has spearheaded Mangalorean food to newer heights. Mahesh Lunch Home has now become one of the most desired restaurants for satiating Mangalorean Sea Food hunger, for celebrities and families alike. Being the first & Best Seafood Restaurant in Mumbai to serve authentic Mangalorean food, we occupy a special place for ourselves and our cuisine in the hearts of our customers. Since our humble beginning in the late 70’s, whence serving only a few dishes, one of the most important being Surmai Curry & Butter Garlic Crab which many of our guests still remember devouring in our prime restaurant at Fort, Mumbai; we have expanded and proudly bring to you seven top-notch restaurants globally Ever wondered where to go for a sumptuous and fulfilling lunch with seafood served on your plate? Your thoughts should end right at Mahesh Lunch Home, Fort Mumbai. Known to be the best seafood restaurant in Mumbai, we serve every dish that falls under the seafood category. Too much for you under one roof; no better place to visit than Mahesh Lunch Home to re-visit your foodie-days. If at all, our menu leaves you confused, one dish that you can always call for is butter garlic crab. So if you happen to pass by, make sure to visit the best seafood restaurant in South Mumbai, along with your friends or family. No food is good food unless enjoyed in the company of good friends and loved ones and when at a place like ours, we are sure you will get to see the best of both good times and mouth-watering seafood on your plate.
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice place to try sea food, garlic crab in butter is amazing. Also try their fish curry its really good. Food is good but the place is small. I guess that's true for any restaurant in Mumbai.

Must go place for seafood in Mumbai

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Gee, this place has come on over the years. Its airconditioned now. Sometimes when you are a business traveller, you want to find a place where you can relax with a few guys , eat great seafood, and drink plenty of beer and wine while , sitting at the table of knowledge, you jointly solve the major problems facing the world.
The world owes a debt to Mahesh.
Once in a blue moon I like some crab; here you can have the kitchen get rid of the shell for you; and as crab shells have been responsible for the destruction of countless silk ties - this is a benefit.
Busy, noisy, great fun. Excellent and fresh seafood - which as you know can be difficult or dubious to come by in India. I recommend it for tourist or business traveller. Its hard to find, so make sure you know where you are going.

1  Thank uPelican
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very nice and fresh seafood. Though expensive I enjoyed the food and I would recommend it to anyone who is fond of seafood.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very clean, fabulous ambience, great food BUT you couldn't get a chance to relax and enjoy your meal for the number of waiters that hovered around and appeared to watch your every mouthful. I have honestly never been in a restaurant that had so many staff!!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I remember this place from the days when the ground floor was Non AC and the food and the drinks cost half of what they cost upstairs in the AC section. Now of course, it is all AC and considerably more upscale. The food though, when I visited last month was as good as it was then.
I had the butter garlic prawns, surmai (Kingfish steaks) fry with a cold beer (Ok, ok. Two beers!) All delicious and very fresh. Didn't have time for crab but did see others ordering huge live ones (Yikes!) which came cooked with an option of having them shelled in the kitchen if you wanted to save yourself the trouble.
I did not go to Trishna- the other Seafood restaurant with a similar menu- this time as I had time only for one, and I chose Mahesh.

1  Thank Luv2travel1966