“Good food, but its become too expensive now.”
Review of Mahesh Lunch Home

Mahesh Lunch Home
Ranked #26 of 14,722 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gateway of India
Description: Established by Mr.S.C.Karkera in 1977; Mahesh Lunch Home has spearheaded Mangalorean food to newer heights. Mahesh Lunch Home has now become one of the most desired restaurants for satiating Mangalorean Sea Food hunger, for celebrities and families alike. Being the first & Best Seafood Restaurant in Mumbai to serve authentic Mangalorean food, we occupy a special place for ourselves and our cuisine in the hearts of our customers. Since our humble beginning in the late 70’s, whence serving only a few dishes, one of the most important being Surmai Curry & Butter Garlic Crab which many of our guests still remember devouring in our prime restaurant at Fort, Mumbai; we have expanded and proudly bring to you seven top-notch restaurants globally Ever wondered where to go for a sumptuous and fulfilling lunch with seafood served on your plate? Your thoughts should end right at Mahesh Lunch Home, Fort Mumbai. Known to be the best seafood restaurant in Mumbai, we serve every dish that falls under the seafood category. Too much for you under one roof; no better place to visit than Mahesh Lunch Home to re-visit your foodie-days. If at all, our menu leaves you confused, one dish that you can always call for is butter garlic crab. So if you happen to pass by, make sure to visit the best seafood restaurant in South Mumbai, along with your friends or family. No food is good food unless enjoyed in the company of good friends and loved ones and when at a place like ours, we are sure you will get to see the best of both good times and mouth-watering seafood on your plate.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food at Mahesh is excellent and the service a little beyond. My favourites are pomfret kolai & prawns karavali. On the down side its become too expensive now!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have been a fan of Mahesh Lunch home for years now, & eat there every time I am in Mumbai. I had not been for a few years & went back for lunch in February, & was delighted that Mr Sundar Poojary remembered me ! The food as always, was amazing. The prawns koliwada are one of my favourites.When I was leaving, I was presented with a bag of the sugar-coated seeds( breath fresheners) that they remembered I like . The place has undergone many changes over the years & now is decorated in a cutting edge modern style. The staff are marvellous. I can't wait to go back ~

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I visited Mahesh Lunch Home, fort ironically for an official 'dinner' last week. The restaurant has a ground and first floor and is known for its sea food. Must try the Mahesh Special King Prawns and the Tandoori Prawns. The place is not easy to find however the travel to South Mumbai is worth it. The staff are quite hospitable and the service is good. The fried fish was a little too oily this time however on other occasions this is not the case. Crabs, Prawns and the Pomfret fish is recommended. The food is tasty but expensive, yet the atmosphere is pleasant and relaxed.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The food here is truly exceptional, we had King Prawns and they were fresh, beautifully balanced with the seasoning and everything was prepared/presented silver service. All for a very reasonable price, would return again. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

authentic indian sea food...lobsters and prawns were outstanding...lobster pricing seemed a bit arbitrary though