“Tasty Food, small portions and too much wait time!!!”
Review of Urban Tadka

Urban Tadka
Ranked #184 of 14,933 Restaurants in Mumbai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I love my food and when i go to a restaurant, one of the things that keep me engaged or annoyed is the wait time between order.

If i have to kill time and just chill, i would go to a lounge. But with places like Urban Tadka my expectation is good food, fast service and good quantity.

Urban tadka managed to deliver the food quality, but failed miserable when it came to service and quantity. We had to wait for almost 30 mins between the started getting over and the main course getting served. And once the main course (biryani) was served we realized that the quantity was not adequate (we had asked the steward about the quantity and he had assured that what we ordered was sufficient), so we ordered for another dish and the wait time was another 20 mins.

Waiting in between food is not my thing and this is why i feel that Urban tadka fails when one comes to eat. If one wants to sit back and relax while food is being served, then this is place makes sense.

One of a few places which i rate average, not for the food, because it was tasty, but for the service.

1  Thank Saurav R

Reviewed May 1, 2013

A must Skip.... Staff is un friendly and do not understand the basic rules of hospitality.
This place used to be on my favorite list previously but now it's kicked out for ever. Main course served was terrible and Rotis were un cooked. It felt like we should go to the kitchen and bar ourselves to get the refill etc.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Time and again Urban tadka has disappointed me with their home delivery service, I tried finding the official email id where i could send my complaint but could not, so i (a dejected customer) am compelled and cornered to write this review. Though the food is good in taste, the service is not up to the mark, staffs are not at all courteous. They last week we ordered something costing Rs. 200, and that was delivered to our home, while yesterday i ordered the same thing, they said that min order should be Rs. 500, similar incident happened in past as well. They are not at improving and leaving us disappointed. If some one knows the official email id of the Urban Tadka R City, do let me know.

2  Thank Menulone
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Aptly named..this place has dhaba style decor, quirky yet chic and serves lip smacking north Indian cuisine. Very few places have dishes which make a person like me, who loves going to new places for new experiences, come back to the same place every once in a while...don't be surprised if you get a craving for their food...like I do for their tandoori aloo and aloo aur chole di biryani! For indian breads, you must have their garlic naan. Ask the staff for their recommendation, which in most occasions is bang on. The service is prompt and staff, courteous. And if there is a birthday celebration, brace yourself to some dhol being played and sparkling fuljari lit on d cake!... The price u pay for all this, well, not really dhaba style but let's just say, it will not burn a hole in your pocket! :)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have visited this place with my friends and family a number of times. The first thing that catches your eye is the remarkable ambience - its a like a dhaaba or a punjabi village with meticulously placed items like a dhol, kites, bangles, cycle, pots and pans etc.
But the food here is outstanding - my personal fav is the aloo paratha with kheema. but everything here is very tasty so you can order with a worry.
Note: only indian food here.

1  Thank mvbhansali