“A Fair Stay at the Grand Sarovar....”

Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai
Ranked #38 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my, well I cant honestly remember how many times I have stayed at this hotel.
Yes, the great Mr.Lakrahm and Mr.Oswald were there to greet me at the door as always, but in saying this, their greeting proved to be the high point of this visit.
Firstly, the booked hotel car that was supposed to bring me from the airport didnt come.
Yes I was credited for the cost but that didnt help me having to take a strange taxi at six in the morning through Monsoon rain alone.
Secondly, one of the staff emptied my wallet. Whilst the manager was most apologetic and tried to prove that this could not have happened, and allowed a late check out on the last day, this was still an intrusion of privacy and a bad experience.
Thirdly, laundry - meaning ironed business clothes not ready on time, and i found myself having to disrespect clients meeting them in jeans.
Food wise, the hotel has maintained its standard.
Cleanliness wise, the hotel was clean, despite their not cleaning my room on the last day after declaring my room a danger zone with no entry to anyone unless in my presence. Didnt they think that its a basic request to return to a clean tidy room after a very hard day's work ??
Managerwise, I found them to be professional and well mannered despite the great inconvenience that they had put me through.
Recommendation - dont accept a complimentary strawberry drink in the middle of the night.
Unfortunately, this may be my last visit to this hotel after many years due to these ill experiences.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you, for your recent stay at the hotel and for your valuable feedback on Trip advisor.

Your positive comments about Lekhram and Oswald, the food in the restaurant and friendly staff are much appreciated. We have noted the concerns that you have highlighted and rest assured this would be the first and the last time any incident like this would have occurred. The car not being there on check in and clothes being pressed and returned folded instead of on hangers would be a faux pas which will not happen again in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel, rest assured we will ensure you have a memorable stay again in the future.

Yours sincerely,
gmgsp@sarovarhotels.com

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Though the hotel is located at the busy VS Flyover, the inside of hotel is extremely calm and noise-free. The hotel has a efficient check-in and handling processes, wide variety of food with finger-licking experiences, vary well spread of morning breakfast and a kind-of acceptable Gym.

I found the stay very relaxing, though the laundry service keeps on goofing up on their deliveries. The roof-top pool is ok-like.

One most striking dismfort though- if you want to reach your destination in time, you need to start very early from the hotel, as the traffic conditions on the interconnecting roads are on extremes...choked at all times. Public transport (Cab/AutoRickshaw) almost refuse to bring you here or take you from here....strange but true!

Room Tip: Rear rooms are better with odd room numbers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your experience at Grand Sarovar Premiere, Goregaon, Mumbai.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel and its services. The welcome at the hotel and check in, the 180 * Dining restaurant, which is quite a popular destination for all in house as well as guest from the vicinity as well as the Gym, which is operational 24/7.

My apologies if you found the laundry service not upto your satisfaction, which we will look into and reach upto your expectation.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

A Good stay with family .Will recommend to others.
Advantages/Positives:
1) Good Location
2) Courteous Staff
3) Clean and comfortable rooms
4) 24 hrs working Gym
5) Rooftop Swimming pool
6) Complimentary buffet breakfast was nice and quite lavish
7) Restaurants- 180 degree is quite good -although a more personal care need to be taken by waiters
8) Comfortable bed ,32 inch LCD TV
9) Complimentary WIFI in all rooms was good although sometimes it had speed issues and only one gadget can be logged in.(In this world every one has an android/windows mobile) other than a lappy.
10) Nearby Malls like Inorbit

Disadvantages/Negatives:

1) People fond of swimming will find the swimming pool very tiny, although it is nice attempt to satisfy their clients by working in their space constraints
2) No bath tubs in rooms , somewhat is taken care by a very good quality bath fittings/shower from Kohler.
3) I had gone for buffet dinner packages in 180 degree restaurant with family.The waiters were not very active,did not give personal care,had to be called every time, did not bring starters till they were requested many a time.This part needs a bit improvement.
4) Although I had asked for early check in at 0630Am which was allowed, but When I reached at 0530 AM, I was made to wait at reception with my family for 1 hour, although technically it was my fault , but we always cant predict arrivals so accurately and they should have been a bit more humane.
5) When I asked for Spa, They told the guy has not come yet and please inquire after 12 noon.So I decided to have a Swedish Massage at a nearby Four Fountain Spa which was in fact Good.

Overall a comfortable Stay.Will repeat for sure ,but if they provide discounts to returning clients on showing previous bills.

Room Tip: They said they have only 1 luxury room with a bath tub.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank doconcall_74in

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel and its services. Am also glad to know that you loved our roof top swimming pool, which is quite pretty especially when it rains. Also our Gym which is operational 24/7 is quite a USP and much in demand, being a business hotel this is something which most of our guest has appreciated.
The hotels proximity to the airport as well as some of the largest and most popular Malls have only added on to the charm of the place.
We being a 5 star business hotel and also being repeatedly featured as a Value for Money hotel makes us happy and proud to keep getting such reviews.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Excellent business class hotels that meets all your expectation, ideally located near the famous malls and airport. Tariffs are also reasonable and commensurate with the complimenatries offered.
The swimming pools and the gym are also excellent condition

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the road are better
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rajesh5168
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel and its services. Am also glad to know that you loved our roof top swimming pool, which is quite pretty especially when it rains. And am also pleased to know that you found our staff to be cordial, polite and helpful, we being a small hotel believe in giving personalised service to our guest.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed for a night at their regular rooms. Even regulars are quite spacious and well-equipped. The hotel staff is courteous and helpful. I got an offer on MMT where i paid 5.4k for a night. The original price for this is around 8 which i believe is too much. 5-5.5 seemed perfect and anything above that was too much. At 8 you could probably get a marriot or the likes of it.

Clean rooms and very good service

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
ABgroup, General Manager at Grand Sarovar Premiere Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel and its services. Am happy to note of the great deal that you managed on the MMT site, would like to point out that we have been repeatedly been rated as the most value for money hotel on most of the website and portals as it’s not just the rate of the room, but the additional value add on which we offer like breakfast, free internet for the whole stay and the personalised service that we offer that is unmatchable by some of the other swankier 5 star hotels.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Just back from a business trip to Mumbai. About the hotel, seems to be a four star rather than a five star that they promote. However its a pretty decent propoerty. Check in was a breeze, matter of a few minutes, extremely efficient front desk. Coming to the rooms. Rooms are a lil too cramped in my books, theough fairly functional. The Wi-fi is good, infact very good. Theres a 32 inch LCD with a DVD player. The bathroom is neat with all amneties, however the bathtub is missing. Shower works pretty nicely though. Coming to drinkin and dining. Theres a perpetual happy hour from 6pm to 9pm ( buy 1 get 1 free) and I am sold to this. Booze seems to be moderately costly not the usual astronomical prices we get in the swankier lil more studded cousins of Sarovar. Didnt have dinner so cant say. Yeah however the sundae that I ordered took 30 minutes to come. Breakfast spread was decent, nothing to write home about ( usual and expected from a four star property). The resturant crew were very courteous. Check out took a little more than check in though.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the hotel and its services. My apologies if you found our breakfast just ok, as that is something which we are very proud of and get rave reviews from our guest, also apologies for the delay in check out. Am happy you loved our rooms, our free wi-fi service and the happy hour which we provide in the hotel, where we offer one on one drink from 12 noon to 9 : 00 pm every day.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed for 3 Nights, amazing breakfast buffet in terms of taste and the variety, room service was quick, Swimming Pool on roof top just took my breath away....... it was awesome....

Tried SPA services.... good experience....

and all the staff were polite and helpful

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business