“Lovely experience!”
Review of Hotel Fortune

Hotel Fortune
Ranked #337 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I would definitely stay here over and over again! The service is really great. In fact this hotel has the best service I have ever experienced. The staff are very nice, professional, friendly, very helpful, and very fast. Anytime I ask for something, they are at my door in less than a minute! The food is really good, room service is fast. My only problem was that its a bit expensive but I stayed well over a week here and the manager gave me a discount because of that. The rooms are very clean. Bathroom clean. Although my room was small and difnt have a window, but the AC is in great working condition. The bed and pillows are very comfortable, the duvet is soft and cozy. I would definitly recommend anybdy coming to mumbai to lodge here!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank cindyabay

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed only 1 night in this hotel.

The rooms are super tiny - only just fit a double bed, and the bathroom was even more compact with the shower almost over the toilet. I'm also a little suspicious when my toilet has the 'cleaned for your protection' sash over it, but it is quite clear to me that the sink and taps 30cm away haven't been wiped down since 1942.

The sheets on the bed were old and had a small rip in them, however the bed and pillows were pretty comfy compared to most other places we'd stayed. There was no window in our room, which was good and bad as no fresh air, but also reduced outside noise for a peaceful sleep.

The fan in the room only had 1 setting - "Category 5 Hurricane" and was very loud. The aircond didn't work when we went to bed, but turned itself on in the middle of the night ?? so not sure what happened there....

However, on a positive - the staff were friendly and helpful, the shower was hot and the breakfast upstairs was good (the lassi was great). Its also a pretty central location. There was also Free WiFi in the lobby (and some of the rooms closest to the lobby). One of the few places we stayed that offered WiFi free of charge.

Room Tip: If you want free wifi in your room - try Room 11, its right next to reception.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bic-tastic
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Avoid this hotel at all costs. They will try to offer it to you at the airport hotel service, but do not fall for it. For $60 they gave me a smoker's room where only a bed and chair can fit in, with no windows, and terrible smell. I asked for another room, and the next one was just as small, no windows, dirty sheets, and no wifi access. For that they took me to another room - a smoker's room.. After my patience was over they convinced me to stay in a 'nicer room for the same price' which turned out to be just as small, smelly, dirty, windowless and claustrophobic as all previous ones. While there, I booked another hotel and left immediately. As a female traveler in a single room I also didn't feel safe there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2013

As I said a very very small room but the shower gave hot water and the staff were helpful. Could hardly find a place for the backpack so make sure you get a bigger room if you can. Wifi expensive. Rooftop restaurant very basic but he food okay. Good location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyMaisie
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was our family visit from jammu to the hotel and the location is really great with shopping around with the sight seeing places at all walking distance.
The staff is good n helpful.
The restaurant is slow but the food is good.
Overall we had great time.
Wuld like to visit again.

Room Tip: Go for DLX and SUP rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank rsinh
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed for 2 days .The reception and the staff was very helpful.The food is good.
The price for the rooms are fine.The hotel is totally renovated.Beautiful place with all the shoppin area.The hotel is best for a solo traveller and for family.
Good location.

Room Tip: Go for the newly done up DLX rooms and the SUP rooms. Big and spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kareena s
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel fortune and we were taken to a standard room - even though we were sure we had booked a deluxe. Our room was tiny, the beds were dirty and the windows wouldn't close - needless to say, Mosquitos were rampant. We then tried to access the free wifi, however the woman at the desk tried to tell us we had to pay. On questioning her, she finally admitted that yes, we did have free wifi but not before trying to rip us off.
The worst part of all was that they were renovating the room below ours and construction was going on until 10pm!! Not to mention the safety concerns that come with that kind of construction.
As we were so exhausted this first evening, we put up with this crap.
Then to top it all of, on check out we attempted to discuss things with the manager who was downright rude, obnoxious and tried to offer us 4000 ruppee hush money which we flat out declined. We showed our paperwork indicting that we had booked a delux room, only to be made to sleep in a standard room.
As young females, we feel extremely taken advantage and are still waiting for this issue to be resolved!
It was just an awful place to stay with staff who were extremely difficult to deal with and only seemed interested in ripping off young western travelers.
We were eaten alive by mosquitos, essentially made to sleep in a construction site and our room stunk like mould!
All in all, it was just horrible and as three young girls travelling to see the best of Mumbai, we were extremely dissapointed and felt horribly taken advantage of.
Don't ever stay here is my advice, as no one deserves to be treated the way we were.

• Stayed: November 2012