“Middleclass - but very unfriendly”

Hotel Karl Residency
Ranked #353 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Berlin, Germany
“Middleclass - but very unfriendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The worst thing was the unfriendly staff: We booked via HRS and as HRS guests we should get some benefits for free (like airport shuttle and taxfree fare), but the management wanted us to pay for that. We had to argue a lot, till we got the promised conditions. The liftboy was begging for a bigger tip, which felt strage as well.

The hotel and the room were clean and quiet. But the smell in our room was musty in the beginning, the pillowcase was hard as concrete and the bathroom would need some renovation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sartorius2
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Mumbai.
Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your review on trip advisor.
I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Karl Residency and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

+91 9867074748

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lucknow, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have been staying in this place for the last 10 years or so and every time I am here I find it in a better shape. All the rooms have been done very nicely recently along with the bath rooms ( though they have updated/upgraded almost every thing but the water taps in the bath area). The terrace restaurant is a real treat for an evening outing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank upsingh2k
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, December 15, 2013

Swapnil / Felix
+91 9823552263 / 9867074748
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

i was new to mumbai that june. The hotel prices wre too high and we dont know the reasoble hotel as well as the area. while searching the hotel site there i got the address of the karl residency. The location of the hotel in my view is perfect. No crowd n quite environment. Andheri station nearby the hotel, as every outsider want to enjoy the local train. Juhu, bandra u can explore by auto or taxi. My hotel room was perfect just reminded me Apple country resort of manali. Very nice hotel. 5 star for u karl

• Stayed June 2013
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, December 26, 2013

Swapnil Dsouza
+91 9823552263 / 022-42362121
Ghaziabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay here just for a night but i should say hotel room was good and decorated well. Many hotel are in that line also but in west you can get better option at same rate.
Breakfast buffet was good and staff was also good
their food charges are higher compare too normal restaurant and quality

Room Tip: Rooms on south side are good
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, December 31, 2013

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post your review on trip advisor.
I am pleased to know that you were not satisfied with our food charges. I assure you that I will personally speak to the management for this.

Nadiad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have expected this hotel to be a wonderful one but this hotel is not as per expectation. The room smelt very bad when we entered. There is no proper ventilation facility available there. Corridor also stinks. Staff was good and responsive. Breakfast is also good. It was a tough time finding the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
karlresidency1, Front Office Manager at Hotel Karl Residency, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Hotel Karl Residency.
While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Hotel Karl Residency Mumbai, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Regards,

Swapnil Dsouza
+91 9823552263
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

rooms are a bit smaller but are furnished pretty well. The restaurant on the 8th floor serves good food. The breakfast ain't complementary ...i had to pay the half price for the breakfast. Over all its excellent !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Nandan J