“excellent place for non-vegetarians”
Review of Barbeque-Nation

Barbeque-Nation
Ranked #11 of 571 Restaurants in Mysuru (Mysore)
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 18, 2019

If you like non vegetarian food, this is one of the few places in Mysore where you can get a variety of sumptuous non veg preparations. the starters are excellent . once you are done with the starters you may not be much keen on main course. main course is ok and the desert spread is quite elaborate .

Tip for those price conscious - this restaurant has a variable pricing system based on the days of the week. so if you can find time on a week day you can take advantage of a lower price compared to week end price .

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed April 17, 2019

In my time writing reviews about restaurants I have always tried to look however hard at the positives and give them the benefit of the doubt.

In comes 'Barbeque Nation Mysore' which is essentially a fast food joint disguised as something more (placed just inside the entrance of a mall).

Recommended by someone I just met here while on vacation from the UK I decided to take my retired Father who enjoys a good barbeque.

The first travesty occurred when we were met at the door (12.30pm) by Mr Ahmed Showkat who glanced at us as if we had just been scraped off the bottom of his shoe and enquired if we had a reservation? After we said no he recommended one at 2.45pm which was not an issue- but what was the way he treated us- as if the place was a five-star eatery. His attitude stunk higher than that of an open sewage line at the peak of summer. For example there was no eye contact, smile or politeness. It was as if we had committed a crime by just being in his presence.

Being a mall, we decided to go next door to a well-known chicken fast food place to satisfy our hunger (probably the best decision we made). I asked my Father what he thought of our greeting at Barbeque Nation. He was not happy and had genuinely felt insulted. So I decided to go back and complain because a) no one treats my Father like that, and b) I hoped they could do with some feedback.

This is where we come to the second travesty. I got the name of the now slightly curious greeter and decided to go to the manager. The manager was on the phone to someone personal from what I could gather from the nature of the conversation. I indicated I wanted to have a word and he gave me a dismissive wave and continued the conversation which was more interesting than a recent Hindi film release ;). I waited 15 minutes in front of him in a restaurant that was 99% empty (why reservations needed when approximately just two out of approximately a couple of dozen tables were occupied half an hour later is beyond me???), and he would not get off the phone or even ask what I needed. It seems that customers are not Kings/Queens in this "world-class" mall located establishment :).

I walked out and gave some feedback on hospitality etiquette to the greeter who was now seemed worried and decided to explain the intricacies of capacity management (to me, a Veteran Management Consultant!). At this point, he said he would get his lovelorn manager.

I told him which 'train he could catch' and walked away. Again something I have never done regardless of provocation.

Folks, the real question is what makes a good restaurant? I would say it is the dining experience. Keyword: 'experience'. If this is how you are treated when you are new to an establishment, then I do not care about how 'reasonably priced' or 'tasty' the food is- there are a dozen other competitors in Mysore out there who deliver on food quality and service excellence from the get-go. (I will do a couple of excellent reviews soon on what is out there).

We have eaten all over the world and have experienced excellent and also poor service, yes, but never in my life have my Father or me been treated with such disrespect on our first and most definitely the last visit to this establishment.

Vote with your feet people and avoid like the plague- There are much better offerings in Mysore with regards to Buffets with some exceptional service out there.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Excellent place to visit with Mouth watering taste , I liked Prawn tandoor that’s my favourite . Many tasty items like barbecue chicken , prawns, fish and many ..Nice pan ice cream too..Must visit place

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019

This restaurant though pricey (per head) is excellent for those who can just eat various meats in huge quantities in a single sitting. For a fixed amount, you get unlimited servings of chicken, fish, prawns, etc. that you can eat to your heart's content. They keep serving you till you 'pull down the flag' at your table.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed March 6, 2019 via mobile

The starter were amazing it’s a buffet restaurant but from the starter to the dessert everything was fresh and delicious. Definately worth going!

Date of visit: March 2019