“home in india!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
View from front terrace
Guests visiting Mysore rosewood carving factory
Delicious!, Organic homegrown avcados
Hand carved souvenirs in the shelves
View of floor to ceiling cupboards
Huge cupboards! Plenty of storage space
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Sarah L
“home in india!”
Reviewed January 11, 2017 for a stay in May 2016

This was our second visit to Mysuru in 2 years. This time we were lucky enough to stay at a place with warm hospitality like Green Lotus for two months. Located in a quiet area, the apartment was very big, bright and spacious. It was very clean and highly functional. We liked having the full kitchen with gas cooking range, fridge and utensils - we made good use of it and the washing machine. The apartment has access to its own rooftop and has clotheslines, clothespins all set up to dry the clothes which was perfect. The bed/mattress/bedsheets were spotless and of high quality. The hosts were helpful and kind. They provided us with useful sightseeing information /recommendations for cafes and shopping. For us, personally, the location of the house was ideal as the Yoga Shala and fruit / grocery/ cafes were just around the corner. We would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants a quiet and upscale house reasonably. Some of our friends complained that they could not sleep at their apartments due to the street noise, we felt blessed that we chose Green lotus, because its on a quiet side street. we will definitely be back.

Your age range 35-49
Bobby M
“Lovely house in quiet area.”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in October 2016

The hosts, Hari and Ananya are lovely caring people, they were very helpful during my stay in Mysore and gave me a lovely welcome. The house itself is beautiful and in a nice quiet part of Gokulam.

I stayed in both the Lotus room and the Zen room for about a month in each, both are lovely rooms but the Zen room is much quieter, unfortunately the Lotus room window is next to where the neighbours dog sleeps and he likes a good bark sometimes, this wasn't really a problem for me but if your a sensitive sleeper it may be an issue.

Another thing I would point out is that by Mysore standards the rent is rather expensive although still cheap by western standards, I only mention this to help other travellers that are perhaps travelling on a tight budget, there is plenty of cheaper accommodation available, maybe not of the same standard however, but beware that during the Yoga season from October thru March, everywhere is very busy.

If it is your first time in Mysore, then the house is an ideal landing pad, I made some great friends and it's great to share the house with other like minded folks, Hari and Ananya are always on hand should you need any help and the booking process is super easy.

Charlesor...
“Location location location!!”
Reviewed December 26, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed for three months at Green Lotus. Because of the amazing hosts, we will have many happy memories of good conversations and laughs in Mysore. Ananya is a very kind and interesting person, and an excellent cook to boot! The Gold Buddha room is very clean and comfortable, filled with natural lighting. Besides containing a queen bed, it has plenty of storage space for a traveler's luggage. The shower is terrific, providing good water pressure and temperature consistently. As for location, the apartment is excellently situated just a minute away from a bus stop, tuk tuk stand, grocery and fruit shops. Tuk Tuks are available all day long at any time. You can be in the city center within 8-10 minutes. If you are a yoga student or tourist, this location is ideal because it is 2 minutes walking to the Shala and is 10 minutes from the Mysore Palace. There is a pharmacy, an Ayurvedic massage place, a stationary, xerox shop, phone top up etc just steps away. Another highlight about the apartment's location is that it is a mere four-minute walk from a very good western cafe ! Finally, if you follow a gluten-free diet, there are several options in Mysore with smoothies, millet bread, omelettes etc. However, if you prefer to cook at home, the kitchen is equipped and easy to navigate. I highly recommend staying at Green Lotus which gives you all the advantages of access to the city centre but the relative quiet of the suburbs.

Dec 30, 2016
Dear Charlie, Thank you so much for the detailed review,. We truly appreciate it. Looking forward to your next trip! Take care, Best regards, Hari
Victoria...
“GREAT LOCATION”
Reviewed December 12, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I am remembering the lovely relaxing days in Mysuru at the warm and friendly Green Lotus House. You can't beat this location, it's so convenient to everything and yet is peaceful and private. I spent lazy days doing drop in yoga classes, enjoying massage sessions at an Ayurveda Centre around the corner, going to meditation classes and really chilling. My room was bright and had everything I needed. Would Love to go for a longer trip. Highly recommended.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peaceful and Spotlessly Clean Place & Location is Perfect
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dec 13, 2016
Hi Victoria,
Thank you for the kind review. We are thrilled you loved your stay. Hope the rest of your trip in west and north India went well. We truly look forward to seeing you here again.
Best Regards, Hari and Ananya
Lauren K
“Memorable experience”
Reviewed November 27, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Green Lotus house is in an excellent prime spot, very convenient for walking to Saraswathi's Shala. As a solo traveller, my family's worries for my trip and my own questions were all alleviated rapidly thanks to the perfect arrangements made by my hostess, Ananya. From the prompt communication to the safe airport pick up, she took care of everything. She even made the effort to give me a call in the US to ensure I had everything I needed days before leaving.

Arriving in a new country was overwhelming (especially the flowing chaos of traffic) but I felt safe with my cab driver who even stopped to have breakfast with me!

On arrival at Mysore, Ananya gave me a warm welcome! The house was beautiful, bright and cheerful just as I had imagined. I was impressed by the cleanliness and felt very comfortable with all amenities. I was excited to see the refreshing terrace, where the famous chamundi hill was visible. The next morning, we went for South Indian breakfast where we had great conversation. Ananya learned about my interests and immediately gave me hand written recommendations /contact information to dive in! Ananya is a host that definitely cares about her guests and is willing to help you get the most out of your trip. I like that she gave me recommendations beyond what is known to the typical yogi here, to ensure I had the most authentic experience during my stay.

I took a couple of fun cooking classes with her while also gaining knowledge about Ayurveda. The food was delicious and I hope to make these dishes back home. I'm also really happy that Ananya helped set me up with a wonderful dance studio where I learned Bollywood, belly dancing and semi classical Indian dance!

While staying here, I learned to relax, have patience and to enjoy the simple things. I am grateful to Ananya for the shared home cooked meals, help with planning sight seeing, and showing me where to get the best gifts for my loved ones! I thank my hosts Ananya and Hari for being there when I needed them most and sending me off with a smile!

Nov 28, 2016
Lauren, thank you for the lovely detailed review! We really appreciate it. We look forward to seeing your new choreographed songs and wish you every success for your movement studio!:) Best , Hari and Ananya
Zoey B
“Most Amazing Place In Mysuru”
Reviewed November 16, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

This was just the perfect Bed and Breakfast in Mysore. My husband and I have stayed in many places across the world, however none had the charm and hospitality of the Green Lotus, Mysore.

Everything about our stay was delightful. Dr. Ananya was very friendly and did all she could to accommodate us with an early check-in. The room was beautifully decorated and the queen bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice and the wifi was speedy and consistent.

Complimentary chai was offered to us on arrival along with fresh home-made coconut chocolate bliss balls. There were fresh flowers in our room! What a wonderful surprise. We had requested an Indian breakfast and it was delicious. We also joined their cooking class which was very well taught. The hosts, Hari and Ananya were extremely attentive and helpful without being obtrusive. They arranged our airport pickup plus a lovely trip to Haleibed.

Without a doubt we have found our favorite place in Mysore. Congratulations and Thanks Hari and Ananya!!! You went over and beyond for us in everything.

Dec 13, 2016
DearZoey, what a wonderful review! Thank you!! Its guests like you who motivate us further..We really enjoyed hosting you and it was so gratifying to see you both explore and enjoy the lovely sights and sounds of Mysore! We look forward to welcoming you back here very soon,WarmestRegards, Hari
Christine...
“amazing stay!”
Reviewed November 5, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

What a memorable trip to Mysore, Thanks to the amazing Green Lotus House. I got upgraded to the Gold Lotus room and loved it. The apartment is more beautiful than the pictures, it's spacious, with en suite bathrooms and is located in the most perfect, convenient location. The sit out is lovely to just relax and have chai! I could walk to KPJ for the led yoga classes and Saraswathi's Shala was within five minutes walk. A stroll down the street brings you to the many cafes near by, massage places or the organic stores. Everything was nearby. The hosts were super kind, gracious and did everything possible to ensure I had a comfortable stay! They even invited me for dinner one day. I highly recommend this apartment to everyone and cant wait to be back again as soon as possible! Thanks Hari and Ananya, you are the best!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: lloation, hosts
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing