“EXCELLENT HOTEL WITH EXCELLENT RESTAURANTS”
Review of Pai Vista

Pai Vista
Ranked #16 of 106 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I stayed at the Pai Vista for 3 nights having made my reservation through Expedia. It is an excellent hotel with good clean comfortable rooms, very courteous, helpful staff and two very good restaurants.
On arrival Anand in reception greeted me by name before I had the chance to introduce myself. I do not know how he knew who I was. Throughout my stay I mainly had dealings with Anand and I found him to be very very good at his job. I had reserved a deluxe room but was upgraded to a suite which consisted of a bedroom, small sitting room, two bathrooms, two TVs, computer (with free use thereof), microwave, fridge and toaster. However, I did find the internet connection patchy.
There are two themed restaurants at the hotel. The "Jungle" theme restaurant is on the top floor and I only ate breakfast there. The breakfast was predominately Indian food which appeared of good quality. I only had the cereals, eggs and toast.
I ate three times in the Gufha (or cave) Restaurant on the 1st floor. The menu was extensive with choice of Indian, Chinnese and Continental food. I found the Indian food too spicey for me but , of course, that is only personal taste. However, although not to my tatste it was of good quality. I found the chicken in red wine very good. The themes of the restaurants worked quite well for me. These themes have previously been adequately described . I found the service to be excellent.
The location of the hotel is good being only a 40 to 50Rs tuk tuk ride to the railway station and the Palace. We actually walked back from the Palace to the Hotel one afternoon and enjoyed it.
I would use this hotel again and recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Pai Vista Mysore.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed in Pai Vista on4th to 6th march 2012. Very nice hotel. The toilets were also spick and span. The rooms clean and tidy. The staff were very efficient and helpful. The restaurants Jungle and Gufa are good though the Gufa was a bit dark and becomes difficult to read the Menu..
Only negative was that the WiFi does not work for phones and one needs to go through the restaurant to go to the swimming pool.
Overall a very good place to stay in Mysore.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing Chamundi hills.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

The darkness is part of the jungle theme - we're at help - even to read out menu - anytime you need. Your room tip is bang on - the view is really good. Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed for one night each on my way from bangalore to coorg and back. This accomodation was arranged by polama agents for travel, located in bangalore. The hotel was their suggestion which i had agreed to after reading reviews of this hotel. The staff here is realy courteous and prompt in help. we stayed in room 123 for 3 adults including my wife and daughter. As we two are senior citizens this was a good choice. We had our meals ( dinner) at jungle and cave themes restaurants where again the hotel has tried hard to copy such themes in USA. But it needs little more improvement. The food was so so. As the hotel is in city area, it is convenient for those coming for shopping, bus and train travel. The attractions like amba palace , philomena church and zoo are close by . But the travel to brindaban garden was not a very satisfying trip.

Room Tip: while on our way back from coorg the hotel gqave us room on 4th floor. it was good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

We appreciate and thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

This hotel was the best value of any we stayed in on our 6 week trip to India. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable and the staff efficient and courteous, We disliked the themed restaurants but found room service very prompt and the food delicious. A special mention for Mahindra on the travel desk.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rospirie
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Very nice hotel. Large rooms and none of the decay so evident in so many Indian hotels.
Good swimming pool but could benefit from some parasols as it is very hot on the roof top.
Two very dark restaurants. We hated the cave. The Jungle was very "tacky" (to our European tastes) with plastic trees and animals. We felt so sorry for the poor waiters who had to dress up accordingly. Very good food. Generally an excellent hotel just hated the themed restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

We're happy you liked the food, but sorry the restaurant theme was not to your taste. Thank you for the suggestions on swimming pool area.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I stayed at pai Vista, mysore for 1n with my family. Rooms are nice and overall service is also ok. But food was really very bad. Tommoto soup served was giving bad oil smell. Other food was also bad. After 1st lunch, v were always bit scared when it comes to ordering food. If you ignore food, then overall stay, service, cleaning was very good. Hotel location is in city, v found it very convenient. I will try another hotel if o need to visit mysore again.

• Stayed: March 2012
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

We're sorry to hear your experience with food. I wish you had brought this to the Manager's notice immediately. We always try that no customer leaves us unhappy. We hope you would give us another try.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

The location is really good in the centre of the city yet peaceful.. The food tastes good added to that is their fast service. Rooms are very spacious , neat and clean. Pastry shop and the pastries were awesome and the waiter serving it was very courteous too. We enjoyed their sswimming pool.Staff was courteous.
Just that the bathroom was small.Rest everything was fine. Overall it was a good experience,

Room Tip: Don't have it on the 4th one and the resto is close by someone was complaining it was noisy at n...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
ajaypai, Owner at Pai Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.