The President Hotel
Pai Vista(Mysuru (Mysore))
$59
$73
  • Breakfast included
Fortune JP Palace(Mysuru (Mysore))
$55
  • Breakfast included
Southern Star Mysore(Mysuru (Mysore))
Agoda.com
Ginger Mysore(Mysuru (Mysore))
$27
$26
Priceline
All reviewsmysore palacelocated centrallydecent hotelcomplimentary breakfastexcellent locationhotel is locatedstaff were courteousan ideal placewalking distancelast monthnice staybasic amenitiesroom service issight seeingthe heart of the citytravel deskambience
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in October 2012. The hotel has a 'business-like' feel. We found the rooms comfortable, spacious and with good en suite facilities. The restaurants serves average quality Indian food, although the buffet breakfast is nothing to write home about (even the toast is not well cooked!).

However the thing that spoilt the hotel for us was the irratic staffing. A paper gets stuffed through your door at 6am and wakes you up, the staff just walked into our room without knocking around 7.30am one morning to replenish the tea and coffee and they returned our laundry at nearly 11pm at night after we'd gone to sleep. The phone kept ringing one morning to ask us inane questions so we took it off the hook.

Then the worst thing of all - they asked us to settle our bill in cash not card the day before we left, and then accused us of not having paid our bill the next morning when we checked out and asked to see our recepit!! I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
mrajendra, Manager at The President Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. We apologise for the Inconvenience that happened in our Hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that need update. I hope that we can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Quality and Hotel + Service No doubt it was great. Good for family and business trips. Discounts are available on request and availability. Rooms are luxurious and well maintained A/C with big windows. Reception and the in Home Restaurant serves good Buffet/ Breakfast.
It is on a luxurious and costly end above 2K budget but offers good location and ambience. It has parking at basement and a big seating lobby at the entrance.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank DarpanChaurasia

Dear Darpan,
Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. Warm regards!!!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for a day in August 2012. The service is soo poor.. There is no
Cleanliness in this hotel at all.. The food is pathetic. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in ever. Please don't spoil ur trip by staying in such a pathetic hotel..

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Nehsch

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your candid review of your stay at our hotel. We apologise for the Inconvenience that happened in our Hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the service that need update. I hope that we can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We drove down to Mysore. Parked my car in the hotel basement and requested the security guard if he can arrange to get my car cleaned in the morning as I wouldn't have time to do so. He agreed happily and asked me for some money which i gave happily. Next morning, another hotel guard met me and told me that he has cleaned my car so he wanted money, I again gave. In the afternoon before check out, another security guard came up to me and said that he has cleaned my car so he needs money... By now I had shelled out enough money so I objected to this and complained.
There was problem in our billing as well when we paid cash for our tea/coffee but saw it in our room bill again while checking out to be paid for again. Thank fully the restaurant staff accepted that we have already paid for it.
I would have makred this hotel as good because the Reception Staff member at night shift and the bell desk staff was very hospitable and helpful but the security guard episode has put this hotel down completely. I do travel to mysore every now and then but I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: I guess all rooms are good but beware of the security as they might ask you for money for even letting you in the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. We apologise for the Inconvenience that happened in our Hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. I greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the complaints that need update. I hope that we can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property. Warm regards!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed there in Aug'11 for 3 days. The hotel was decent, there are options in the same range around so those can be explored as well. Mysore being a town, its convinient to be in any part of it. They portray it as a business hotel, but majority including us were tourists. The breakfast service was a mess, which was a buffet in the main lobby. If you wish to go out for lunch/dinner there are less options near by and thus you are forced to have food in the hotel.

The hotel also messed up on arranging taxi for a trip to vrindawan gardens, luckily managed to reach in time for the fountain show there.

Room Tip: Avoid the road facing room, its a busy road
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple