“Hotel is fine but the staff is too money minded ...”

The President Hotel
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Chennai (Madras), India
“Hotel is fine but the staff is too money minded ...”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We drove down to Mysore. Parked my car in the hotel basement and requested the security guard if he can arrange to get my car cleaned in the morning as I wouldn't have time to do so. He agreed happily and asked me for some money which i gave happily. Next morning, another hotel guard met me and told me that he has cleaned my car so he wanted money, I again gave. In the afternoon before check out, another security guard came up to me and said that he has cleaned my car so he needs money... By now I had shelled out enough money so I objected to this and complained.
There was problem in our billing as well when we paid cash for our tea/coffee but saw it in our room bill again while checking out to be paid for again. Thank fully the restaurant staff accepted that we have already paid for it.
I would have makred this hotel as good because the Reception Staff member at night shift and the bell desk staff was very hospitable and helpful but the security guard episode has put this hotel down completely. I do travel to mysore every now and then but I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: I guess all rooms are good but beware of the security as they might ask you for money for even letti...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Pune, India
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed there in Aug'11 for 3 days. The hotel was decent, there are options in the same range around so those can be explored as well. Mysore being a town, its convinient to be in any part of it. They portray it as a business hotel, but majority including us were tourists. The breakfast service was a mess, which was a buffet in the main lobby. If you wish to go out for lunch/dinner there are less options near by and thus you are forced to have food in the hotel.

The hotel also messed up on arranging taxi for a trip to vrindawan gardens, luckily managed to reach in time for the fountain show there.

Room Tip: Avoid the road facing room, its a busy road
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ameyajoshi
Saligao, India
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Stayed at the President on the way to and from Ooty from Bangalore. Our miserable taxi driver on picking us from Bangalore airport declared that we would not make it to the sanctuary gate in time and did not want to drive up on the longer route! We wanted to try the Park Lane but that was full so had to settle on the President on Saturday 2nd - the hotel was ridiculously full and loud with a large group over taking the hotel. The room was ok - I was travelling with family so we took a family room on the 3rd floor which turned out was a double with a mattress on the floor. It was fine - we did have to request extra towels. The bathroom was in need of a bottle or 5 of bleach to get rid of the mould - and the monsoon hasnt even started yet! The fitting were all really 'rusty'. The bell hop was in desperate need of a new uniform - the ragged trousers left a lot to be desired. We had asked for an alarm call as we wanted to leave at the crack of dawn in the morning - it never came. We ended up staying again on 6th on the way back to Bangalore - the positioning of the new airport has made the drive rather long... this time we were given a twin on the 2nd floor. The bathroom was marginally better - again we had to request extra towels and the extra bed was a mattress once again with a sheet and a blanket only... this time we got breakfast (not inc on the 2nd) which was ok - the watermelon juice was really nice - the tea/coffee/hot milk had sugar already mixed in, so request separate if that is your preference. One of our party cut her finger - it took about 5 requests to get a band aid - each person insisting on looking at the wound!! The cost was quite high for the quality - we bargained hard and managed to get a huge chunk off but I would have been sorely disappointed if I had paid full whack....or if I was staying more than one night, We had dinner in the restaurant. It again was fine but please note the grilled fish is batter fried!!!! Better to order fried fish than grilled as it is coated in a white sort of pancake and called 'grilled'

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first and check out the bathroom (fittings)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
India
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Stayed for a night, though they call themselves a business hotel, there were no envelope nor a pad in the room.

Rooms:
Rooms are good and maintained well.

Room service:
Room Service was very bad, had to remind them again and again for little things.

Food:
Not so good food to taste, would advice to have something outside + it comes up with a price tag,

Cutting it Short,
if you find yourself stranded and there is little space for you to experiment on hotel stay, then choose this hotel. It has nothing to offer for the customers. I was trying to locate the hotel on my map, but somehow could'nt figure it out.

Room Tip: I would not be the right person to comment on that. Since I did not had any special preference
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Arpitpuri
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Very expensive hotel for the rooms offered. Service from their side was very slow and not a lot to take away from our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011
London
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed as part of group touring south India.
Food quality poor, especially breakfast selection. Limited hot water - only available in evening. Staff were very helpful - when asked about location of our "same day laundry", reception told us it would not be ready until next day, after we were due to leave! When asked about lack of hot water was told it was on timer. Laundry when received hsd ironing burns despite "wash only" being requested.
Premises grubby and although advertised as a business hotel - not sure what business they are trying to attract.
Avoid.

• Stayed December 2011

Travelers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 27, 2011

24 Jan - 25 Jan, 2010
This was an official trip, where I also took my wife and son
along. We arrived at Mysore by road via Bengaluru. I had some
official work at the SJCE and the NIE, Mysore, and we were put up at the
Hotel President, which is very centrally located. The hotel is
very stylish, neat and clean. The room was quite large, with a
large window area, and well-lit. The bathroom was clean and
well-stocked with all amenities. We had a few meals at the Hotel.
The double bed was soft and comfortable, and our little son -
sometimes a very fussy sleeper, slept well.
The central location meant that in spite of the tight schedule,
we were able to see sights in the city such as the Art Gallery
and the Mysore Palace in a tight time frame. The rates at that
time were around Rs.2k per night, which was good value, given the
location, ambiance, overall demeanour, service and convenience.
The staff were courteous and cheerful.

Room Tip: No idea - we had a room with a good view, a side view of the street
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business