“A good experience overall”

Hotel Maurya Palace
Hotel Maurya Palace
Ranked #62 of 116 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My stay with maurya palace was a plesant one with no hassles at all, good service, rooms and value for money. the best part is its location.
Food was prettu descent and hygine as well, hardly could find any cons abt this place. :)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anees N

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hotel is well located and clean, but wifi was broken when we arriveThen my son got sick and we ended up staying a few extra days and the lack of wifi turned out to be a big problem as I could not leave the hotel room. My phone was also broken but they came to fix that so at least I could order room service. The breakfast buffet next door was ok, not great. Room service was not willing to make us some plain white rice, even when I told them my son was sick and that was all he could eat. They did help us bring in a travel agent so I could arrange onward travel, which I would have done on my own if the wifi had been working as advertised.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I admit that I booked this hotel because of the reviews I read that said this was a good hotel for the money and that it was well located. The problem is with the uneven services. The staff is nice enough but they can't help that the Wi-Fi is unreliable, the hot water is limited to certain hours, the room smells of urine, the housekeeping is in the late afternoon (when it's hottest and you want a nap), & the windows give out into a wall. The breakfast is next door. It was reasonable with fruit, grainy coffee and south Indian specialities. There was enough there to satisfy a Western culture, and under $2. Lunch was about $3. Make sure you book an AC room, but one never knows with power failures, if you'll get any cool air. TV was fine. The room was clean, aand I had them change the stinky pillows. There are two movie theatres around the corner.

Room Tip: AC room a must if it's in the front of the hotel. Ask for clean pillows if yous are stinky.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Since I was there only for night halt and not more on spending more at hotel. but in opinion , you can get bigger rooms in same budget nearby other hotels. service was good. clean, but you are suggested to not select the maurya(adjacent) wall view. its just ridicules. Food was good but very costly compared with one of good hotels nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Location was excellent just near Mysore palace and quite walkable distance to City bus stand as well. Mysore Zoo was < 2 Kms distance.
The restaurant Jewelrock was outstanding, especially panner dishes. There are quite few good near by restaurants as well like Veg Kourt, RRR.
Room services can be improved as we had to explicitly tell them again the next day to clean the room, even though i had reminded them in the morning.
The room type Palace Majestic is little bigger than the Palace Imperial room type. I would recommend Palace Majestic for families.

Overall we enjoyed the stay and our trip. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Parthasarathy N
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed recently for 3 nights at this hotel. There are few other choices on the same Harsha Road: some are either cheaper and more rustic, or more expensive and definitely better. We have chosen this place as a medium-priced option. I would say it is not really a value for money in my opinion. It must have been cheaper. The deluxe non-ac room for 2 has too smallish beds, a congested shower-toilet space. The service is lacking politeness, the managers at reception are eager only to pick-up advance payment, but do not bother much about the guest presence thereafter. There was no cleaning for the room during our stay. I felt we were pushed to arrange the sightseeing transportation. We agreed for 1 day, booked a car to visit Tibetan settlements at Bylakuppe and found later that the price for a trip was same as the drop to Bangalore (which is double further by km distance). The sitting space at the lobby on our floor came between the lift and our room door, so we continuously inhaled the smoke the guests created out there - i believe the owners could think of some other smoking place, especially since the smoking ban came in power long back enough. The quite thin room door din't let us sleep tightly, cause we were forced to listen to all talks of guests and smokers outside clearly till 2am.
Averall it was a faded-coloured experience of stay - not too bad, but nothing special too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple