We went there during one of the long weekends in sept. The location of the hotel (right inside the gardens) is it's USP.
Other good things
1. Balcony - we can see the entire garden laid out in front of us, awesome. Nice place to have your morning cuppa and evening glass of wine.
2. Service - Quite good. Staff were very helpful. They even custom made meal for our 2 yr baby - and a decent job at that. Recommended for those with infants.
3. Cleanliness - As you would expect from a hotel of this range.
4. Food - I must say that the foodie in me was happy with whatever was dished out.
5. Access to gardens - In the morning, the only people strolling around the gardens were hotel guests out after breakfast !! Evening is crowded, but you always have your balcony.
The could have been better things
1. Food Menu - Choice was somewhat limited. But was ok with us.
2. No lift to second floor - one has to climb the stairs. If you are going with older/aged people, ask for a room in the ground floor or 1st floor.
3. Swimming pool - Was not quite usable. It was raining anyways. But thought it should have been cleaner. Don't go with high expectations on this front.
Overall, highly recommended for a weekend outing - if all you want to do is nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set by the inspiring Cauvery river, and overlooking the breathtaking Brindavan Gardens, this hotel holds the promise of heaven on earth. This is where you can immerse yourself in moments that stand still and create memories that last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Hotel Mysore
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Mysore