This lovely historic hotel with 3 story open air columned lobby built by the Brits and with its large old style rooms should be 4 star. However if you want wifi, a good pool and gym, and good food (more below) don't stay here.
1. Beautiful view of gardens from terrace and from all rooms.
2. Large gracious rooms in old British style.
3. Step out of hotel and you're in this almost-mini-Versailles, with fountains lit at night.
Poor management (possibly improving, see below) makes for bad points:
1. Pool filthy
2. Gym 3 machines, only treadmill and cross trainer work
3. Food: lesser quality buffet. Terrible fruit at breakfast and awful croissants, etc.
Only after insisting on a la carte ( are they lazy?) for lunch and then dinner did they say ok but not without a fight. Surprisingly grilled prawns and tandoori chicken were excellent. But despite their advertising you have to fight to get food cooked to order.
Note: it's sometimes worth complaining. They cleaned leaves off pool and started changing the water and fixing the filter. It's a cheap rubber lined pool with 5" scum, like a dirty bathtub. Maybe they will eventually clean it or better yet replace it.
Note to owner/manager: do you ever stay at your hotels? If you did and used the facilities like a guest you might change things. Example: shower curtain is old, and needs replacement. Curtain should surround tub so water doesn't get all over the floor at the end of the tub when one showers. Try your own buffet and taste its poor quality. Paper napkins, tiny ones, may be ok for breakfast and lunch but not for dinner in a hotel claiming to be 4 star. See other comments above. FYI placemats at the Bangalore Royal Orchid are filthy. How much can it possibly cost to replace them? Also, room ( for 3 nights) in Mysore Royal Orchid was not ready when we checked in at 2pm. Does management think the owner doesn't care or won't spend a rupee to fix things?
Bottom line: lovely hotel in historic building and great place if you don't care about wifi, pool or gym and are strong enough to insist on a la carte, as they advertise it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury Heritage hotel in Mysore overlooking the legendary Brindavan Gardens. We are a pet-friendly hotel spread across a sprawling and tranquil area of 1.16 acres. Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden Palace & Spa is ideal for Weddings, Short weekend trips, Meetings & Events which makes us the best 5 star hotel in Mysore city. Reasons to stay with us? 1. Location: Overlooking the Legendary Brindavan Gardens and close proximity to Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary 2. Opulent Rooms: 24 King and Queen Size rooms with a serene Garden View. Complimentary Wi-Fi and more 3. Delectable dining offerings: Experience our award winning restaurants. Choose from CKs (All Day Dinning), Garden Café (Coffee Shop) and the Elephant Bar 4. Weddings & Events: Ideal location for destination weddings, Social or Corporate events. Avail our WOW wedding package; Marry Now, Pay Later! 5. Take a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or hit the gaming zone equipped with PlayStation 4 consoles. Unwind at o ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden Palace & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Hotel Mysore
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Mysore