Royal Orchids Brindavan Gardens, Mysore
Royal Orchids Brindavan Gardens, Mysore is about 30-40 minutes drive from Mysore City and is ideal for those looking for short stay away from a City in most beautiful and unique surroundings. We visited this hotel in the month of March 2011 and had quite a comfortable and relaxing stay.
This hotel came under the new management very recently and is better managed now. It is situated on a perch overlooking the famous Brindavan Gardens and has architecture typical of a British palace .It has a vintage look, together with the wooden floors and French windows with panoramic views of the Gardens. It has a range of suites and deluxe rooms to choose from. Most rooms have the Garden view, and some others have the pool view.
Our room on the first floor was very spacious with a beautiful view of the whole Garden, an outdoor balcony, lounge chairs and a four poster bed, with still a lot of space to spare. The bath room was equally spacious with modern fittings.
They have one coffee shop on the ground floor which serves buffet for all three meals as well as a bar on the first floor verandah. The food was quite tasty and particularly breakfast had a lot of south Indian varieties. The menu had a number of international dishes too. Their spa services were traditional Indian, although understaffed.
The main attraction of course was a visit to the Garden in the evenings with fountains playing, coloured lighting, short boat ride to the lower garden which has a musical fountain. The huge Krishnasagar dam was quite majestic too.
The most pleasing part of the hotel was the service of the staff – all members of the staff from the receptionists to the head chef were on their toes at all times to make the guests happy.
There is no public transport available for this hotel and one has to use taxi service. The cocierge can arrange sightseeing tours of Mysore city or airport transfers
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set by the inspiring Cauvery river, and overlooking the breathtaking Brindavan Gardens, this hotel holds the promise of heaven on earth. This is where you can immerse yourself in moments that stand still and create memories that last a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Hotel Mysore
- Royal Orchid Brindavan Gardens Mysore