“My hotel booking - Bitter experience”
Review of Hotel Palace Plaza

Hotel Palace Plaza
Ranked #78 of 101 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Chennai
“My hotel booking - Bitter experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My stay was booked in Hotel Palace Plaza thru ClearTrip. Though booking was done and amount paid, hotel manager did not allow/authorize my booking. Since I traveled all the way from Chennai to Mysore, I requested to allocate room. After a long waiting time, I got my room confirmed with additional charge of Rs. 700.

" Seasonal tariff raised. " is the reason quoted by manager.

This hotel does not have separate site, with my terrible experience, I request not to book with this hotel.

Cleartrip Team: I am not sure on your agreement with that hotel. Seems there is no proper communication between your teams. My request is, do not penalize customers for this.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Krishnan S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bergamo
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a good hotel for its price, I stayed in a non-AC room and it was big enough and clean enough. Only problem, my bathroom didn't have, for some reason, hot water. The restaurant is fine for dinner, but it's not very clean and the breakfast isn't great, so you may want to go somewhere else, since it isn't complimentary.
Very noisy in the evening, but there was some sort of concert during the two nights I stayed there.
Really close to mysore palace.

• Stayed October 2012
Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed with the Hotel for more than a week and found their service to be very efficient. Although the constuction of the Hotel is a little old, but it is well maintained. The location is excellant( right opposite the Mysore Palace) and the Hotel is a good value for money. The food is really good and their roof top resturant is definite GO TO place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ankush J
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Managers are drunk and behave in an unruly manner.
They have a wrong attitude.
Dirty Bathrooms
Old Furnishing
There is no extra bed facility. You have to sleep on the floor.
The food is a waste.
Dont pay advance more than the tariff or else you will be trapped.
The GM is having powers and shows political threats

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank harsh k

Travelers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went fora two day trip to Mysore and lost my way looking for Sri Harsha Road. Called the staff and one person was sent to the point I was standing so as to escort me to the hotel. Rooms were very clean spacious and comfortable. Impressed with the staff and room boys who went all out to help me. They have a roof top restaurant serving good food. Special mention for their Hotel Manager Prasad who even helped me in choosing my cuisine to suit my small kids -Impressed!!!.
Was kind of weary about the hotel reading reviews - but have come back with a Totally impressive vacation/ Will definitely go back there again. Dr. Riju R, Kochi

Room Tip: Executive AC if you please
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

bengalore
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I’m Dr.Anand from UP Found Hotel Palace Plaza we stayed in the hotel for 4 nights but the stay was very good The staffs is so friendly and helpful, Hotel is situated at a prime location, walking distance from palace close to everything and we come to visit to JSS College this place also nearest from the hotel! Rooms are clean and well maintained, bathrooms are clean also we had Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in the Dynasty Restaurant food taste and quality is very good. Have really enjoyed my stay in Mysore thanks to Hotel Palace Plaza and the helpful staff... Thanks again! Will surely recommend!!!

Room Tip: Realy nice stay
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family