“Average”
Review of Hotel Palace Plaza

Hotel Palace Plaza
Ranked #86 of 109 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed November 16, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank CHNBNG

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This is a good hotel for its price, I stayed in a non-AC room and it was big enough and clean enough. Only problem, my bathroom didn't have, for some reason, hot water. The restaurant is fine for dinner, but it's not very clean and the breakfast isn't great, so you may want to go somewhere else, since it isn't complimentary.
Very noisy in the evening, but there was some sort of concert during the two nights I stayed there.
Really close to mysore palace.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed with the Hotel for more than a week and found their service to be very efficient. Although the constuction of the Hotel is a little old, but it is well maintained. The location is excellant( right opposite the Mysore Palace) and the Hotel is a good value for money. The food is really good and their roof top resturant is definite GO TO place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ankush J
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Managers are drunk and behave in an unruly manner.
They have a wrong attitude.
Dirty Bathrooms
Old Furnishing
There is no extra bed facility. You have to sleep on the floor.
The food is a waste.
Dont pay advance more than the tariff or else you will be trapped.
The GM is having powers and shows political threats

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank harsh k
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went fora two day trip to Mysore and lost my way looking for Sri Harsha Road. Called the staff and one person was sent to the point I was standing so as to escort me to the hotel. Rooms were very clean spacious and comfortable. Impressed with the staff and room boys who went all out to help me. They have a roof top restaurant serving good food. Special mention for their Hotel Manager Prasad who even helped me in choosing my cuisine to suit my small kids -Impressed!!!.
Was kind of weary about the hotel reading reviews - but have come back with a Totally impressive vacation/ Will definitely go back there again. Dr. Riju R, Kochi

Room Tip: Executive AC if you please
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I’m Dr.Anand from UP Found Hotel Palace Plaza we stayed in the hotel for 4 nights but the stay was very good The staffs is so friendly and helpful, Hotel is situated at a prime location, walking distance from palace close to everything and we come to visit to JSS College this place also nearest from the hotel! Rooms are clean and well maintained, bathrooms are clean also we had Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in the Dynasty Restaurant food taste and quality is very good. Have really enjoyed my stay in Mysore thanks to Hotel Palace Plaza and the helpful staff... Thanks again! Will surely recommend!!!

Room Tip: Realy nice stay
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The rooms are ok for the price. One thing I found extremely annoying was that they put two twin beds together to call it a double. The beds slide apart while you're sleeping and you end up over to one side anyway. Room I was booked for was under some sort of construction. I was showed a second room and was told it was more expensive than the room I originally paid for but the wifi would not connect. Was taken to a third room. Rooms were all about the same. Clean enough, but old and not well maintained. Shower was broken- was quickly fixed. Toilet seat was also broken. Towels were VERY old and questionable.

When I got to the hotel I was immediately asked about my plans for my stay. Every time I stepped foot in to the hotel I was barraged with questions and suggestions. Each evening I was interrupted at least 3-5 times with phone calls and knocks from staff asking what my plans were, what I wanted to eat, etc. etc. This may seem like they were being attentive, but I found it excessive and intrusive. The manager came to my door three or four times and asked to come in to have a chat, to inquire about things. Other staff came to the door and into the room to ask me if I wanted coffee. When I said no they would just stand there (in the room) and look around. It made me very uncomfortable and was bothersome.

The food on the rooftop was so-so. Portions were large, prices ok, but flavor nothing special. Breakfast in the am was same.

On the plus side, location was good. Walking distance to many sights and tuk tuk drivers close by to take you around.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo