“its two star hotel with budget price”
Review of The Viceroy

The Viceroy
Ranked #102 of 143 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Surat, India
“its two star hotel with budget price”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

its awesome hotel for budget price. the room is big and very clean. bad is also very soft. room have facility of hot water and television. restaurent of the hotel is also cool. food quality is also good

Room Tip: al are good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We traveled to Mysore during the first week in Sep 2013. Proximity to the Mysore Palace made me pick this hotel. Our experience was terrible. The first day at breakfast teh butter and jam were rancid. The second day at breakfast, there were cockroaches running on the table. The room was terrible, bathroom was poorly maintained. Staff was lethargic in their service. Better to stay away!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PriyaV1

Travelers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

Reviewed January 1, 2014

There were numerous signs that indicated the lethargy of the people who run this hotel. It was not by chance that rooms were empty even during the year end. We planned to extend our stay in mysore by a day and our current hotel didn’t have rooms so in an urgency we picked this hotel without reading its review on trip advisor, a decision I regret. Once at the reception, we saw the receptionist throwing around the papers on the desk looking for a pen which took a few minutes to find, this was just an indication of worse things to happen. Our room was on the 3rd floor, but the moment we got into the elevator it started with a jolt, while we prayed, it reached the 3rd floor and stopped with an even stronger jolt. As we walked through the stinking walkway between rooms we could see used towels lying in heaps in a corner. The room had nothing to boast of, it was an eyesore. The only good thing about the room was a working television set. The dampness of the room almost made us sick. The bathroom was not clean, there were molds on the shower curtain and the internals of toilet was probably not washed in ages. We noticed that there were no bath towels, after repeated reminders they finally got 1 towel (we were 2 occupants). I had to personally go down to the reception to get the other towel. I complained about mosquitoes in the room, so they gave me a mosquito coil (they have probably not upgraded to electric repellents yet!). The pillows were hard, the inner bed sheets were stained.
The hotel may be centrally located, but it is an insult to your senses. I didn’t even dare to try their food lest I fall sick. I don’t think the hotel management ever reads these reviews or seeks our feedback, so the condition of hotel is probably not going to improve in the near future.
I am not sure how they manage to run the hotel, the occupants of the hotel are mainly groups brought in by travel agents connected with the hotel management. No individual who reviews this hotel will ever book a room in it. Probably they give prefrential treatment to some occupants, but in general book at your own risk!

Room Tip: Book at your own risk. There are other hotels on the same road far better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. I had booked for 2 days, but checked out at the end of day 1. The room didnt have a table for us to have lunch/dinner and we had to request for one. The washroom had water logging and we had requested for a change of room which was promised, but never happened. At the time of booking, I had requested for a cab to visit KRS and also reminded the reception that I need a cab by 5.30pm. When I cross checked at 5.30pm I was asked to wait for 15mnts coz the guy forgot about our cab booking. Later I was told that Cabs are not available and if at all we get one, it will cost us Rs.1000/-. I was also told by the Manager Rita that they are tyring to get Cabs for the last 3 day and yet not successful in getting a Cab. I called up just dial and got the phone numbers of Cab operators and within 10 mints, I could get a Cab to go to KRS for Rs.600/-. In the morning I asked for bed-coffee and was told that they have only one steward and will take 30mnts to get me a coffee. If you go a little late to have breakfast, you can find uncleaned tables with left-overs and you will have to ask them to clean the tables so that we can have breakfast. My request to all people traveling to Mysore is that if you dont get a room to stay, please sleep in the Bus Stand,but not this hotel and dont ever go by the photos shown in their website. We were so happy to get out of the hell called Viceroy, so please dont waste you time and money by staying in this hotel. The staff needs to be taught the meaning of "SERVICE" and "COMMITMENT"

Room Tip: No a place to stay...Avoid at all cost
Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had a good stay last week in Executive suite. The rooms are good and spacious. The location is good and in center of Mysore. The complimentary breakfast is not good. Other foods items are ok. The only problem is car parking is outside the hotel and on the road.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RajaPerumal
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last 2 days with my family. The location of this hotel is good. close to palace and with all good restaurants close by. However.. Please note below points to decide :-)
1) There is no parking space. The lady told me on the phone that there is plenty of parking but I noticed on arrival that she was referring to the road side parking! So, its Park @ your risk !
2) The hotel staff is unresponsive. They never show up if you ask for any room service.
3) Hot water rationing is done here. By default, they will not provide hot water until you beg them multiple times.
4) Breakfast and coffee is horrible to say the least !!

For 2000/- a night, I felt completely cheated. The room is not worth more than 500/- if you discount out the location .

so, unless you cant find a room a mysore , don't stay in this hotel.

Vijay

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank VC20132013
Bangalore
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst travel experience till date. Booked two rooms through one of the top travel portals for the weekend. We drove down to Mysore from Bangalore with my parents and kids. The guys in the reception told no booking is made on my name and when I showed the confirmation from The portal to them they said they don't know about it!! They said they don't have any rooms and were reluctant to help. We had to run around the city in the night to find another hotel.. It was the weekend after Christmas and all the hotels in the city were totally booked...

Though After searching for an hour managed to get rooms in a hotel in the outskirts it was horrendous indeed..

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family