“Mysore Bus Stand is a Better Place to Stay”
Review of The Viceroy

The Viceroy
Ranked #102 of 148 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Mysore Bus Stand is a Better Place to Stay”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in my life. I had booked for 2 days, but checked out at the end of day 1. The room didnt have a table for us to have lunch/dinner and we had to request for one. The washroom had water logging and we had requested for a change of room which was promised, but never happened. At the time of booking, I had requested for a cab to visit KRS and also reminded the reception that I need a cab by 5.30pm. When I cross checked at 5.30pm I was asked to wait for 15mnts coz the guy forgot about our cab booking. Later I was told that Cabs are not available and if at all we get one, it will cost us Rs.1000/-. I was also told by the Manager Rita that they are tyring to get Cabs for the last 3 day and yet not successful in getting a Cab. I called up just dial and got the phone numbers of Cab operators and within 10 mints, I could get a Cab to go to KRS for Rs.600/-. In the morning I asked for bed-coffee and was told that they have only one steward and will take 30mnts to get me a coffee. If you go a little late to have breakfast, you can find uncleaned tables with left-overs and you will have to ask them to clean the tables so that we can have breakfast. My request to all people traveling to Mysore is that if you dont get a room to stay, please sleep in the Bus Stand,but not this hotel and dont ever go by the photos shown in their website. We were so happy to get out of the hell called Viceroy, so please dont waste you time and money by staying in this hotel. The staff needs to be taught the meaning of "SERVICE" and "COMMITMENT"

Room Tip: No a place to stay...Avoid at all cost
Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had a good stay last week in Executive suite. The rooms are good and spacious. The location is good and in center of Mysore. The complimentary breakfast is not good. Other foods items are ok. The only problem is car parking is outside the hotel and on the road.

1 Thank RajaPerumal
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel last 2 days with my family. The location of this hotel is good. close to palace and with all good restaurants close by. However.. Please note below points to decide :-)
1) There is no parking space. The lady told me on the phone that there is plenty of parking but I noticed on arrival that she was referring to the road side parking! So, its Park @ your risk !
2) The hotel staff is unresponsive. They never show up if you ask for any room service.
3) Hot water rationing is done here. By default, they will not provide hot water until you beg them multiple times.
4) Breakfast and coffee is horrible to say the least !!

For 2000/- a night, I felt completely cheated. The room is not worth more than 500/- if you discount out the location .

so, unless you cant find a room a mysore , don't stay in this hotel.

Vijay

1 Thank VC20132013

Travelers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the worst travel experience till date. Booked two rooms through one of the top travel portals for the weekend. We drove down to Mysore from Bangalore with my parents and kids. The guys in the reception told no booking is made on my name and when I showed the confirmation from The portal to them they said they don't know about it!! They said they don't have any rooms and were reluctant to help. We had to run around the city in the night to find another hotel.. It was the weekend after Christmas and all the hotels in the city were totally booked...

Though After searching for an hour managed to get rooms in a hotel in the outskirts it was horrendous indeed..

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
san francico
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I stayed here for 8 days over the last week or so and thought it was excellent for the price. It is a great location, near the palace and the center of Mysore, it is on a somewhat quiet street. I was given a price significantly below the prices stated here. It is clean, fairly good size and has a restaurant downstairs which I only had tea there, though that was good quality. I saw reviews about some dishonesty and I never experienced that at all, though because I saw those reviews I received a card signed by the manager with the price of the hotel written on it. It is located next to a mosque so that means several times a day there will be calls to prayer, but the callings are less than 5 minutes each, though there is one at about 6AM. With ear plugs I generally didnt hear it. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gypsysoul3
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Excellent Location, cute place, friendly service, real value for money, thank management and staff for facilitating change in dates without absolutely any hesitation or delay. Rooms are well appointed and cleanly maintained. The service is really friendly and quick and prompt.

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

2 Thank sridhargr
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hotel room is good in size but no basic services. While booking , it shows free internet and actually its chargeable. Parking in front of hotel which is a main road.Room services attendent dont even remember the room no while ordering.Food quality is a worse one and would not recomment for any body to stay in hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family