We stayed here for one night in Dec 2013. We picked this hotel due to its high ratings in trip advisor. We weren't disappointed.
- Very clean hotel with clean rooms and bathrooms
- Bathrooms are spacious with all
- Service is very good. There was hardly a waiting time for check-in and check-out. The front desk could arrange for taxis within a 10 minute notice.
- There is room service and it is reasonably prompt
- Location is good. It is close to the palace and the railway station. Not quite walkable, but a short auto ride away.
- The breakfast spread is excellent.
- Dinner was good as well.
- This might be just an one off bad experience: we tried calling the front desk for directions and we could never get through to them. No one picked up the land line or the mobile. No one bothered to return our calls. That has never happened to us before in a high end hotel.
- We were a bit disappointed with the lunch buffet. For the price we paid, it was a bit ordinary (taste and spread wise)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Orchid Metropole is a grand heritage hotel and spread over 2.5 acres of land and is a perfect fusion of old world charm and modern elegant designs, imperial arches, impressive pillars, and flamboyant corridors which was originally built by the former Maharaja of Mysore in 1920. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Royal Orchid Metropole Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Orchid Metropole Mysore