“old charm, old mind too (to me)”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mysore Dasprakash

Mysore Dasprakash
Ranked #52 of 100 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Strasbourg, France
“old charm, old mind too (to me)”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I visited this hotel, and found it quite full of charm, very indian style (to my mind).... and very indian old style was the answer they gave me when they found out that I wanted a room for my indian boyfriend and I (european lady)... So we went a few meters away and found a very clean, pretty room in a more welcoming and broad minded hotel!

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnnStre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had been staying here since 1989 when I was in college, and then when I was working and now when we go as a family. It is a very old hotel, probably converted from an old palace. Not everyone might like this place. You must have an attraction towards antique and very old items. Rooms and furniture are fantastic. Bathrooms really need a renovation and maintenance. The restaurant food is tasty, simple and hygienic. I still see the staffs who have been with the hotel for ages.Parking space add to the convenience. Enjoy this stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank D_Rajakumar
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a very old hotel so i would advice people to go for it only if they have a liking for old world charm.The bathrooms really need a makeover.The food at the restaurant is simple and clean.One can meet staff who have been with the hotel for ages.Good parking facilities are available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kouraja2014
bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place is a very old place, as I can remember this place has the same old boring tired look which it has being having for the past 15-20yrs i has seen it. Located at the center of the city, its a ok place to spend the night, yes the front desk guys dont care for the customers and rude.The restaurant serves pretty good veg food(but not the best).For me last choice of hotel to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank lohitprabhu
Erode
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I very recently had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for three days. The food served in the resturant is of very high quality . It is no comparison to a five star hotel,but when considering the rent we pay this is really a heaven. I can say without any reservation that Dasaprakash is a home away from home, It is serene and peaceful

Prof. T.S.Balakrishnan
Erode

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank proftsb
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I had had my wallet stolen and needed a quick place to leave my belongings. The door did not close properly, there was a visible 1/2 inch gap. Dingy does not even begin to describe the property. The walls have not been painted in what looks like 25 years. The window opened to a public hallway with very little light. In fact, the entire place was gloomy. From reading other reviews, it seems as if certain rooms are given to certain people. I took pictures in every hotel but could not even bother, it was so disgusting. The gentleman who showed me the room said that the fan just needed to be run in the bathroom to rid of the smell. Yes the property is centrally located, but that's about it. Front desk staff could not have been more indifferent, bordering on hostile.I asked for a refund and they gave me 60 rupees back. I ended up renting a room elsewhere that was a breath of fresh air, Aishwarya Residency. I paid 1000 rupees and the room was 40 times nicer with a lovely rooftop and room service. Dasprakash could have cared less about my complaint. I do not understand how Lonely planet could even recommend this place. Stay away is my best recommendation.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Martha633

Travelers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had read on gthe net that the restaurant is good for vegetarian food. M wife and I went thee early Oct '12. We ordered a thali meal. I have never tasted food so insipid and so indifferently cooked. I looked stale , was cold and tasteless.

The dinig hall area looked worn out and like a railway station waiting room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family