Our visit to Mysore with a busy sightseeing schedule, ended up visiting this magnificent Palace
on the advice of the taxi driver. Moving towards this white beauty, I felt that they have an army of gardeners, plenty of them watering the lawns in the front area. Considering scarcity of water, I could not hold back this thought, and asked one of gardeners as to how they manage to get so much of water for this work. The person who replied was one of the officers of the hotel who was also doing his bit and the army of gardeners were all staff of the hotel who have joined the gardeners without any extra remuneration. Also saw some of them picking plastics and other items as part of cleanliness drive. The uniqueness was that all were very happily doing this with lots of fun.This they called it as SHRAMDHAN.
I was informed about the recently commissioned ETP plant (waste water treated and reused for
gardening) and hence the lawn beautification. As I had already paid at the entrance, was treated with coffee inside their lounge.
Seeing the palace thought the stay could not affordable, surprisingly the room rent could fit in for a ordinary person like me. Had a glimpse of their menu was decently priced with different choices.
Planned a day’s stay as a gift for my parents on their anniversary for a start.
My congratulations to all at Lalitha Mahal for their SHRAMDHAN, hope all govt. people take a cue from this small act, Together we could see our country prosper.
LITTLE DROPS OF WATER MAKES A MIGHTY OCEAN
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic Indian-style Hotel, formerly a Maharaja's Palace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lalitha Mahal Palace Mysore
- Mysore Lalitha Mahal Palace