“Awesome Place”

Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel
Ranked #31 of 100 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
mumbai
“Awesome Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I had stayed in this hotel,rather I should say ,i stayed in this palace with my husband for 3N 4D.The palace is very beautiful with gardens around and it look like a Mahal..while entering in this hotel,you feel like you are a king and greeted by the hotel staff with a smile on their face….Food was very nice …Inside the hotel there was billard room,chess,tennis court …swimming pool was so big and nice…me and my husband enjoyed each and every moment in this hotel. The Gourmet Restaurant inside the hotel contained so many mouth watering dishes…In this hotel ,film shootings are also done…overall a very nice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sonayogi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed as a family for 3 nights and 4 days at the Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel. Wonderful place and the experience will linger with you for a long time. You can view the Chamundi hills from your room and watching it in the early morning amidst the dew is a great experience. In fact the hotel is not very expensive as people think it to be. Courteous staff and good food. Overall a delightful experience. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

The Palace is in fact very luxurious. I stayed in a 2-floor Suite with antique pieces of furniture and carpets. Everything around makes you feel like living in the Marajas rich world. However, to such luxurious ambience unfortunately does not correspond an adequate efficiency and funcionality when you go to details such as shower, sinks, noisy and leaking air conditioning. I have been told that the place is maintained by the Government, who should, in my opinion, improve their services to keep them at the same upscale level of the structure.

Room Tip: I stayed at duplex suite 555 and the accommodation itself was great but the weak point again is the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

we were in mysore when my sister and her family visited us. so to make her experience a palace dinner we took her to LALITHA MAHAL PALACE. the taali served was too much for a normal person to eat at dinner time. it was very delicious also. if u ever go there for dinner make sure u diet for 2 days....liquid diet i mean........the first night they served dinner taali and then the 2 night it was a buffet, which was also very good..................i would recomend this hotel for anyone who would like to experience a roayl touch...........feel it .....its not expensive at all..................now i feel like driving all the way from blr to mysore for the lunch and dinner.........................

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank bujji16
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

It's like stepping into a painting.
Complete opulence from the bar to the glorious dining room to the oval pool, yet it is not pretentious or stifling.
The relaxed friendly atmosphere is created by an incredible array of staff that are there for your every need.
I was part of a large group 70 musicians, choir and soloists touring through India with Tocatta, so any hotel we stayed in had their work cut out for them. The Lalitha Mahal Palace was our final destination and what a finish.
We even managed an impromptu performance on the glorious grand staircase before we left, which I know will leave a lasting impression on the singers.

Every aspect of our stay was world class from the food to the service.
As I was on tour I can't vouch for the value but the experience was priceless.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank Trevor W
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed here two nights while traveling through Mysore. This is a very unique property, at least from my American perspective. It is HUGE. Our room was pretty nice and included a separate sitting area. We enjoyed a bottle of wine in the large lounge, which we had entirely to ourselves for whatever reason. There is a small jewelry store attached to the hotel which I absolutely adored. We had a great time and loved staying at such an unusually grandiose property!

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kittypatrol
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was my first trip to this palace. I specifically chose this place as I wanted my kids (5 yr old and 2 yr old) to experience a slice of palace life. The trip did satisfy the goal to a great extent. They really enjoyed the running around the place and the gardens. The location and hotel looks spacious and majestic.

I am not sure if this has to do with being government managed but there are kinks as others have pointed out -
1) The service staff look disinterested unless there is a promise of large tip (there are nobody to take the luggage back though guys were just looking). The check-in/check-out staff behave like bank clerical staff and are not helpful in providing info (I asked for Mysore road map and they gave a brochure).
2) Run down paints in the room and those parts that are away from the front side - I had a chance to go to the terrace and pained to the state of the heritage site.
3) The some lamps in the room do not work and they were not rectified till we left.
4) Bath room fittings look old. The tub edge with the tiling is worn out and it looks like some school kids have done the re-plastering.

The list is long but in summary, you may be disappointed if you have an eye for detail and looking for a perfect place. I was satisfied given my goal.

I may go back just to feel the royal ambiance again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family