Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Aniiimalllas

Place is excellent for families and friends. A wide range of exotic animals are in captivity and a... read more

Reviewed yesterday
nipunraithereviewer
Wide variety of animals

Its the best place in Mysore. It boasts of a wide variety of birds and animals including... read more

Reviewed yesterday
106adis
Roorkee, India
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Mysuru (Mysore)
from $16.45
More Info
Mysore Day Tour
4 Reviews
from $100.00
More Info
3,056 results
All reviews mysore zoo nice zoo white tiger birds and animals african elephants wide variety of animals electric vehicle rare animals zoo authorities km walk animal lovers big cats drinking water golf cart battery operated plastic free zone plastic bottles
Reviewed December 7, 2014

It was great fun with our kids to watch such a great variety of wild life right from birds to snakes to all kinds of wild animals. Also the place is vast and it could take a whole day to see the whole place. Its incredible to see all kinds of animals - yes you just name it , its there. Its better to see the photos of the place to get a feel than read a review.
As with kids we decided to take chargeable battery car ride that covers most spots. But the car dosent wait at a place for more than few seconds. We wished we could see the whole zoo by foot covering everything.
Zoo is very well managed even though huge no. of people throng here. There is cleanliness, toilet - hygiene, drinking water facility inside zoo and also proper plastic disposal. There is a small restaurant inside .
Overall best place in Mysore and specially for animal lovers. I wish I could have seen more if had more time !

1  Thank NabbuNuts
Reviewed December 6, 2014

I was really fascinated by the variety of birds they have in here. I haven't seen such bird varieties in any other zoo in India. I am used to Indian zoo's where we have to scan through the cage to search for this bird/animal (as mentioned in the name tag outside the cage) is, only to find the cage empty.

Its a large campus & is quite tiresome to cover it by foot. The zoo authorities have understood this & have kept battery operated vehicles. This is my second time to this zoo, and as we traveled in a group of 18 people (family & kids), we requested for a battery operated van, we all could fit in very well. The van driver would stop by various display cages & tell what was in there, first up were the birds, I was so excited to see so many colorful birds, bird with striking red, blue & orange colors. Then we went to see the animals & finally the reptiles.

Typically it takes at least 3 hours by foot, with battery operated vehicle it was done in 1 hour. If you are with infants/kids or aged people, this is very good option. Kids & adults will like this place alike.

Reviewed December 3, 2014

It was a very interesting place to visit, well kept and maintained animals and birds here. I would not say its really great but nice enough place. Try to roam here in the morning, its hot and tiring to do so in the afternoon. There are battery cars plying to take you around, I think that is a better way to travel in zoo rather than walking, that could get tiring.

Reviewed December 3, 2014

Liked : The variety of species put up there.

Disliked : 2.8 Kms of walk... OMG... If I had known I would have taken the battery operated car (Rs.125 per head) for which the decision cannot be taken once you are 500 mts inside the zoo. Once in, then keep walking until u faint. Why not have a toy train to take you around.

1  Thank austingomes
Reviewed December 1, 2014

This is one of the biggest zoo in Asia. You have to take a walk no point going in Cart. YOu can easily spent three hours in the zoo. Overall i think you would need to walk about 3 KMS inside the Zoo. Take an early morning trip so that you can save yourself from Sun. It has lots of trees to save you from Heat.

Bengal Tiger, Bear, White tiger all can been see quite well. Govt Karnataka has been it well without doubts. Eatiers are available in exit only. Lots of animal, Birds, Snake, Fish all to see.

Good time Pass