“Great temple and view”

$67.00*
and up
Private Day Tour of Mysore from Bangalore
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visited in the morning and there were huge crowds of worshipers here already dressed in their best. Walking through the crowds was like walking through a rainbow. I did not realize at the time that I could have just spent 100 Rs to skip the line so I stayed outside. Even just outside it was amazing. I had an amusing encounter here, as I was walking away, a boy in a strange costume and makeup began to dance around me. At the time I had no clue what he represented. Later I saw the same character in a 7-Up commercial and learned that it was Kathakali. I probably looked just as puzzled as the girl in the commercial! After the temple I took a side trip to the huge Nandi on the steps up from the city below.

1  Thank Eric H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,035)
All reviews
in 105 reviews
"rs"
in 140 reviews

Reviewed August 22, 2013

good place.......there are lot of devotee in temple the day i went to temple....so had very less tym for darshan ......but still feel like getting good wishes from chamundeshwari maa..... i feel good when i was in temple...

1  Thank jy_vacc
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Good place with good sight-seen, the road to the temple is really good. one can have a full view of mysore city, mysore palace, mysore race course etc. The temple I personally believe is now become a commercial area, you can visit the temple after waiting for an hour or you can just spend Rs 100 per person with out waiting in a queue. and this place is little crowdy.

1  Thank Saptarshi_Patra
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good place as a sightseeing spot but highly commercialised place as a temple. If you want to have a VIP darshan you need to shell out Rs. 100/- per person. I heard from local they had started recently. Not bad as a concept :) because to be honest I would have avoided the temple if there was no concept of VIP darshan with my kid & wife because of unbearable crowd.

1  Thank anir2k