“Old is gold!!!!!!”

Hotel Sandesh The Prince
Ranked #15 of 116 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Excellent staff, superb service, however property is dated, needs a full refurbishment .Breakfast is to die for if you are a Indian cuisine lover.Toilets are old esp the wash basin.Service is lightning fast super quick.Kudos to the staff for being so nice,caring and friendly.Am very much impressed by the overall attitude of the staff. If the management does something on the renovation then this property would be an awesome one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Generally a good hotel but a few let downs. Stayed for 4 nights and were satisfied with the stay. Breakfast was good, room was comfortable but a bit tired. Staff on reception were friendly and helpful but those in the breakfast area were a bit in your face. One night we tried to go to the bar but were refused entry as we were not a 'couple' which was insulting. Its in a busy area of Mysore so good location if you're a tourist. Average pool.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel twice during various times. The reason we went there the second time was due to exceptionally good stay during our first visit but second time wasn't that good. The location is fantastic, buffet breakfast is great, staff is very friendly. Second trip was to enjoy Mysore dasera and we bought tickets to a show+dinner that was planned in the hotel. However due to heavy rains this was cancelled and we had to just make do with dinner. They did promise to make up for the cancelled show but we were to leave anyway the next day. I found this to be quite family friendly too and staff went out of the way to make my kid feel quite at home.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Sandesh the Prince July 14-19, 2012, part business, part vacation. Very impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, lounges, restaurant and grounds. Staff was courteous and VERY helpful when we needed any information and helped to arrange transportation for us as well. Mr. Errol gave us many good tips on sight-seeing, traveling around by auto-rickshaw, and helped us find a pharmacy! Mysore Palace was w/in walking distance but for Chamundi Temple, Mr. Errol got a driver for us. I had never tried Indian food and thought for sure I wouldn't like it (a picky eater), but everything I tried, I loved! Breakfast was included and served daily - a good assortment of Indian and American foods. I ordered room service once and did not have to wait long for it to be delivered. The wait staff always asked if we wanted our meals spicy or on the mild side, so spice/heat was never an issue. And there's a silk emporium next door, stop in and check out pashminas or have Rafeeq make a sari for you!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay, I stayed here for two nights and I was and felt like I was a prince. The food was amazing in both restaurants, the castle restaurant tendered to my every need. The food was cooked to perfection.

I have to personally thank Mr Girish Kumar for being a perfect gentleman, and helping me with my food selection. I would also like to thank Mr Dutta, for helping my partner in arranging some special gifts that were sent to my room.

The hotel its self is located very near all of the local attractions, and it is of very good standards.
The room are large and spacious, and very clean. Fresh bottled water is provided every day and clean linen also.

I have no negatives to add to this review and look forward to one day very soon returning here.
The only comment would be, the internet is a little slow, but very usable, and they would think of upgrading to wi-fi, but this is in no way a negative feature

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We (4 persons) stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had very good experience. The front desk was very cooperative. I needed a printout of a very important mail and they arranged me the printout without any extra charge. Rooms were very clean. Location is very nice.

Breakfast was very good though I wish they could add a few more western selections.

Room Tip: Go for rooms facing swimming pool