“Marvelous and un-expected”

Hotel Komfort Suites
Ranked #12 of 150 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Ended up at Mysore one late evening, looking for a place to stay with 3 children... Unexpectedly a guide send us to this place. Initially was a bit upset cause tired, but the greetings from komfortsuites has really has cheered us a lot with comforts. The room was surprisingly clean and the service was marvelous. Food in the restaurant was delicious. As Malaysians, my children and I really enjoyed staying there and loved the food served and no hassle finding food around the city. Looking forward to go again cause komfortsuites is my absolute first choice.

Room Tip: Depends on how many guests. No need for A/C cause the room itself is cool due to the shining marble...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Komfort Suites

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Rooms are very clean & hygienic
Service was excellent with friendly atmosphere
Located in a very calm area with less pollution
Value for Money
Tasty Food
An ultimate destination to stay in Mysore with family and friends either on Family or Business Trip

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Staying here for the second time. Very nice infrastructure, neatly maintained, very economical and highly courteous staff makes Komfort suites special! The quiet and peaceful surrounding adds on to it. Location wise also it is very much accessible from all the parts of city!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2013

When I have planned a Mysore trip, I went through online search of hotels and reviews. I was looking for a standard hotel at reasonable price. On my search I saw this hotel (or services apartments?) with so called 3 star. It is not a 3 star, but it is only 3 star category. I have 2 school going kids, so opted for a suite room. Compared to other hotels in Mysore, it is costly. Still I expected some standard of service. Counter staff were well behaved and professional. The bathrooms fittings are good, but there was no hot water and installations inside not working properly. I came to know that only few occupants in the hotel, so the hot water system not switched on to get hot water, specially on that rainy day. They provide buffet breakfast, but items are very limited and it is basically south Indian veg. except some egg items. The hotel experience was not upto my satisfaction...I am working as a Facility Manager in a reputed company so naturally look for many things to set a standard.

Room Tip: The suite room was spacious, bath rooms having modern fittings. (When you see the flooring and windo...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was a surprisingly good stay at this place and it exceeded our expectations. The location is very good, not far from central areas, however, set off in a quiet neighbourhood. Rooms were very good and the service was prompt and friendly. Mr Poojari is a dynamic gentleman and was quick to anticipate our needs and fulfill them.
I would stay here again whenever I am in Mysore.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good Budget hotel in residential location with a good hospitality. Rooms are decent but needs to improve cleanliness. They offered me a free breakfast. Food is costlier but quality is ok. Room service & front desk reception services are very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just like all my reviews bad things first because that help other travellers to select the hotel.

Ideally I would have given 3,5 rating (hope Tripadvisor is listening to my advice & provide that feature) because I thought 4 star (very good) is a higher rating & 3 (average)would be definitely lower. So I was forced to give 4 rating. There is huge difference between 'Vey Good' & 'Average'. Tripadvisor request to incorporate.

Cons:

1. They don't have a king size bed but they joined 2 single beds (more importantly 2 mattresses) which created a void space in the middle). Faced difficulty to sleep with my kid. Once I called up the reception desk immediately he agreed to give me another room which has a queen bed but the room is very stuffy & suffocating may be because of that (Room 409). Please avoid that room definitely & am sure other floors too have that problem because there is no way sunlight can enter into that room. So that night I preferred to stay in the room allotted to me rather than get suffocated. They need to seriously think about king size mattresses as it creates lot of problem for family with kids.

2. Bloody stain was there in the blanket. The moment I noticed that & after calling reception desk they readily changed but housekeeping staff need to be more proactive while putting the blanket. It's really very irritating.

3. Extremely costly food for lunch & dinner. Not sure why they have made that costly (maybe they don't have ample staff to handle if food prices are reasonable) because Empire Restaurant is around 2 km from the hotel & I preferred to eat there from cost perspective.

4. Breakfast is a standard south Indian breakfast but the preparation quantity is very less & every time either you need to inform them or wait. Once upon a time it's ok but it has happened with me in all 3 days. It may be their corporate strategy to limit quantity for free buffet breakfast. This was really irritating.

Pros:

1. Good open parking with security. Atleast 8 cars they can accommodate comfortably.
2. Really nice shower panel.
3. Decent room size but just a normal room. So you will not get any wow factor. Rooms are clean with really white crispy bed sheet. Definitely need to work on blanket & mattress part.
4. Room service & front desk reception service very good.

Overall a clean budget hotel in a residential location. Price wise not that cheap or that matter not too costly also but I still have some apprehension for 'value for money' which I got. Not sure will visit the hotel again if I come again to Mysore.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
komfortsuitesMaysore, Front Office Manager at Hotel Komfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Sir
We are very glad that you chose to stay at our hotel. We have gathered from your review, in regards to our hotel that you are a well travelled guest and overall your comments in regards to us has been presumably satisfactory by your standards.

We would like to answer to some of your comments. You have made some important comment as to the Beds in your room. As per hotel norms all hotels have a ratio of Double Beds and Twin Beds. To satisfy our honourable guests we have resorted to joining the twin bedded room based on your budget and need, as the hotel had high occupancy during your stay and we could not offer you a Double bedded room in the first instance.

You have found the food to be costly, but let us assure you that for a three star facility hotel we have kept our rates very competitive and below commensurate to the market competition. You should also consider that a certain amount of salary has to be paid to our staff, so that desired facilities are provided to important guests like you. Staying on food you have mentioned delay in replenishing the Buffet Breakfast, for your information we wish to serve our guests fresh food, though the Buffet concept keeps the food hot, but in the process south Indian food tends to become hard, this is the reason you may have found a little delay.

You have found our room No.407 to be stuffy and without ventilation? We wish to clarify that all our rooms have proper ventilation and we are very sure of it because we had kept this in mind while designing our rooms and fore saw that discerning guests like you would bring up this issue in the course of operating this hotel, to add further we would like to state that this particular room has a large open corridor with natural air and light, throughout the day or night.

We are happy that you liked our services and the personalisation by our staff.

We sincerely hope you will change your mind and choose to stay with us on next visit to Mysore.

Thanking You