“New definition of 3 star standard”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Komfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 148 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“New definition of 3 star standard”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

When I have planned a Mysore trip, I went through online search of hotels and reviews. I was looking for a standard hotel at reasonable price. On my search I saw this hotel (or services apartments?) with so called 3 star. It is not a 3 star, but it is only 3 star category. I have 2 school going kids, so opted for a suite room. Compared to other hotels in Mysore, it is costly. Still I expected some standard of service. Counter staff were well behaved and professional. The bathrooms fittings are good, but there was no hot water and installations inside not working properly. I came to know that only few occupants in the hotel, so the hot water system not switched on to get hot water, specially on that rainy day. They provide buffet breakfast, but items are very limited and it is basically south Indian veg. except some egg items. The hotel experience was not upto my satisfaction...I am working as a Facility Manager in a reputed company so naturally look for many things to set a standard.

Room Tip: The suite room was spacious, bath rooms having modern fittings. (When you see the flooring and windo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bangalore
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It was a surprisingly good stay at this place and it exceeded our expectations. The location is very good, not far from central areas, however, set off in a quiet neighbourhood. Rooms were very good and the service was prompt and friendly. Mr Poojari is a dynamic gentleman and was quick to anticipate our needs and fulfill them.
I would stay here again whenever I am in Mysore.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Thane
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Good Budget hotel in residential location with a good hospitality. Rooms are decent but needs to improve cleanliness. They offered me a free breakfast. Food is costlier but quality is ok. Room service & front desk reception services are very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Just like all my reviews bad things first because that help other travellers to select the hotel.

Ideally I would have given 3,5 rating (hope Tripadvisor is listening to my advice & provide that feature) because I thought 4 star (very good) is a higher rating & 3 (average)would be definitely lower. So I was forced to give 4 rating. There is huge difference between 'Vey Good' & 'Average'. Tripadvisor request to incorporate.

Cons:

1. They don't have a king size bed but they joined 2 single beds (more importantly 2 mattresses) which created a void space in the middle). Faced difficulty to sleep with my kid. Once I called up the reception desk immediately he agreed to give me another room which has a queen bed but the room is very stuffy & suffocating may be because of that (Room 409). Please avoid that room definitely & am sure other floors too have that problem because there is no way sunlight can enter into that room. So that night I preferred to stay in the room allotted to me rather than get suffocated. They need to seriously think about king size mattresses as it creates lot of problem for family with kids.

2. Bloody stain was there in the blanket. The moment I noticed that & after calling reception desk they readily changed but housekeeping staff need to be more proactive while putting the blanket. It's really very irritating.

3. Extremely costly food for lunch & dinner. Not sure why they have made that costly (maybe they don't have ample staff to handle if food prices are reasonable) because Empire Restaurant is around 2 km from the hotel & I preferred to eat there from cost perspective.

4. Breakfast is a standard south Indian breakfast but the preparation quantity is very less & every time either you need to inform them or wait. Once upon a time it's ok but it has happened with me in all 3 days. It may be their corporate strategy to limit quantity for free buffet breakfast. This was really irritating.

Pros:

1. Good open parking with security. Atleast 8 cars they can accommodate comfortably.
2. Really nice shower panel.
3. Decent room size but just a normal room. So you will not get any wow factor. Rooms are clean with really white crispy bed sheet. Definitely need to work on blanket & mattress part.
4. Room service & front desk reception service very good.

Overall a clean budget hotel in a residential location. Price wise not that cheap or that matter not too costly also but I still have some apprehension for 'value for money' which I got. Not sure will visit the hotel again if I come again to Mysore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
komfortsuitesMaysore, Front Office Manager at Hotel Komfort Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Sir
We are very glad that you chose to stay at our hotel. We have gathered from your review, in regards to our hotel that you are a well travelled guest and overall your comments in regards to us has been presumably satisfactory by your standards.

We would like to answer to some of your comments. You have made some important comment as to the Beds in your room. As per hotel norms all hotels have a ratio of Double Beds and Twin Beds. To satisfy our honourable guests we have resorted to joining the twin bedded room based on your budget and need, as the hotel had high occupancy during your stay and we could not offer you a Double bedded room in the first instance.

You have found the food to be costly, but let us assure you that for a three star facility hotel we have kept our rates very competitive and below commensurate to the market competition. You should also consider that a certain amount of salary has to be paid to our staff, so that desired facilities are provided to important guests like you. Staying on food you have mentioned delay in replenishing the Buffet Breakfast, for your information we wish to serve our guests fresh food, though the Buffet concept keeps the food hot, but in the process south Indian food tends to become hard, this is the reason you may have found a little delay.

You have found our room No.407 to be stuffy and without ventilation? We wish to clarify that all our rooms have proper ventilation and we are very sure of it because we had kept this in mind while designing our rooms and fore saw that discerning guests like you would bring up this issue in the course of operating this hotel, to add further we would like to state that this particular room has a large open corridor with natural air and light, throughout the day or night.

We are happy that you liked our services and the personalisation by our staff.

We sincerely hope you will change your mind and choose to stay with us on next visit to Mysore.

Thanking You
Yours Faithfully
Hemanth Kumar
Vice-President
Calabar
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had couple of days stay with my family and friends at Komfort Suites at Mysore. The reception, hospitality and quality of rooms are very excellent, i am really surpised with the value for money we got from Komfort Suites. My special thanks to Mr. Raghu Poojar who is always available and quick in action.

Regards

Prasad

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at Komfort Suites Hotel and had one of the most amazing experiences ever. I am a frequent business traveler. I travel all over the world and stay in many hotels. Comfort while away on business or even holiday for that matter is paramount. I experienced a perfect level of comfort staying with Komfort suites. I would highly recommend them for any body traveling for personal or business travel. Amenities are absolutely first class, and the staff are excellent and extremely attentive. That was one of the things that struck me most, just how welcome I was made to feel by all the staff at this esteemed hotel. They presented a level of care and consideration over and above what I had expected. I can't wait to get back to Mysore to stay at the Komfort Suite hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks in July 2013 while conducting research in Mysore. This hotel is modern and very clean. I love the fish tanks in the front lobby and the restaurant - I think it gives a unique touch to the hotel. The room was wonderful, with lots of attention to detail (nice light fixtures, marbled floors, etc). The bed at Hotel Komfort Suites was the most comfortable bed I've slept in after two months in India. I also appreciate the open air hallways - these take advantage of Mysore's excellent climate. The staff in the hotel and restaurant are extraordinarly professional and courteous. The food is good, and the complementary breakfast is great. I found the wi-fi to be really slow. The hotel is in a nice residential area, so it is not too busy. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Mysore. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business