“A hotel that takes care of you and your pocket”
Review of Mannar's Residency

Mannar's Residency
Ranked #8 of 148 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“A hotel that takes care of you and your pocket”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Positives:
Room was neat and cozy
Bathroom was neat and clean with the plumbing a little old and leaky
One large window with natural light
Two tables by the bed
4 plug-points Indian-style (including the TV one)
One large mirror in room and one small in bathroom
One medium LCD TV with Digital Cable connection and lots of channels.
Intercom support
Staff very helpful and co-operative
Daily room cleaning with a change of sheets.
2 towels provided with two toilet soaps
Drinking water provided on request: Purified or Mineral
Service quality is good
Cards payment accepted
Soaps have branding on their back
Elevator provided
Location is central to the major attractions, near railway station with many tourist spots within a radius of 1-2KM.
Lots of restaurant and a bazaar nearby
Pricing is very value.
Negatives:
Hot water between 6 and 9 AM. Left tap.
No cupboard
Room service available at 10-15%markup

Room Tip: Choose rooms towards the street if you want somewhat of a view. But they do get very noisy as well.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nikemannar, General Manager at Mannar's Residency, responded to this review, October 10, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our TripAdvisor Website.

We are glad you liked the stay with us,

Hot water ( we usually provide hot water from morning 5.30 AM to 11 AM for sure) and on request we do provide 24 HRS.

No cupboard - we accept we don't have cupboards in any of our rooms has its a budget hotel but we do provide hangers and there is hanger holder in all the rooms. Because maintenance of cupboard will had to the expensive and we don't want to burden the guest.

Room service available at 10%markup, Has we don't have in-house restaurant has of now, but we are coming up with one to serve you better. And the MTR doesn't take a single rupee out of the Room service provided and we intern give to our staff, so that it helps them for better living and they can serve you better. But we guarantee only 10% mark up will be charged.

I am happy to personally coordinate your next visit and urge you to write in with any requirement. My team and I look forward to maintaining a long and fruitful association with you.

Nikhil Mannar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cochin
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at MTR Residency last week with my family for 2 days (Oct 2nd - 4th, 2013). The first room that we were allotted was not that great, but we were immediately transferred to a better room on request. The amenities provided for the price is pretty neat & I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a clean budget accommodation in Mysore. The place is centrally located, so getting around is a breeze. Having no in-house restaurant does not figure as a negative as there were several restaurants around the street & the staff was ever-willing to get you anything you wanted if at all you needed room service. They were always eager to help - at one point I had to go down to the reception near midnight to fix my emergency travel plans for the next day & they didn't mind being aroused from sleep to help me with suggestions. So, just wanted to say a big thank you to the entire staff of MTR Residency. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning a Mysore getaway - Reema, Cochin

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nikemannar, General Manager at Mannar's Residency, responded to this review, October 7, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We are coming up with our own restaurant very soon, we are always eager to help 24/7.... on whayt ever your request might be, we will try to provide the service to you.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Offers a good value for money.Had stayed here for a night with family.Location is good.Near to railway station and other tourist locations are easily accesible via auto.Room service is ok .It doesnt have a restaurant on its own but delivers from a neaby eatery.Rooms are not sound proof and we could hear noises from the corridor all night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nikemannar, General Manager at Mannar's Residency, responded to this review, October 2, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We are coming up with our own restaurant very soon, we believe ours is one of the max space rooms of budget category in Mysore,

All the rooms are engineered such a way maximum privacy and with very less sound can be provided, but if there is any group staying in the hotel, the guest voices may disturb you a bit, but thank you for your feedback we will work on the same to provide you better service.

Bangalore
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was having a short trip so searched for a best budget hotel and booked it.I booked through cleartrip.Got 25% off .I booked a non ac double room.I stayed previously at some 3 star hotels but i should not expect it to be that way at that price.Room was spacious with a good bed and lcd tv .Things that were missing
1.A small fridge to keep colddrinks
2.bath towels
3.Soap and toilet papers
4.No restaurant inside hotel.Couldnt order anything to eat.But there is a good restaurant right opposite where I had my lunch

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We also Provide bath towels and other basic tolitaries to each and every guest, We also provide room service, we are coming up with our own restaurants to serve you better.

Ghaziabad, India
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was stay in MTR 02 Nights & 03 Days and enjoy my stay.Location is very conventional i.e.Restaurant,Market,Bus Stand,Railway Station,Place,Zoo etc.Rooms are clean.Polite staff & reasonable rates.Yes, MRT will be my first choice for Maysore visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nikemannar, General Manager at Mannar's Residency, responded to this review, September 26, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us. This is the best motivation we can use.

+91-9886660803
Bangalore
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had gone for a KTM - 10K run at Srirangapatnam over the 14th Sep weekend. Wanted a basic hotel that was reasonably priced. Found MTR Residency very reasonably priced - I took a single occupancy with clean bed, a good TV with several channels. I had taken a Non-AC room but I did not need an AC as the weather was good. The only caveat was I had an "indian" toilet - so ensure that you have the "right" toilet in your room before booking! There are a handful of Veg. restaurants within walking distance; they also have a room service for food. And they had clean toilets; they are also located near the railway station. They had 3....4 car parking space at the back of the building with a locked gate and security.

Room Tip: Specify whether you need AC or NON-ac, Indian vs western toilet;
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nikemannar, General Manager at Mannar's Residency, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

We are delighted to know you liked your stay with us.

We have both the categories of rooms which is Indian Toilet and Western Toilet options available, you could have asked the reception to change the room they would have happily changed the room for you, we believe in guest satisfaction.

+91-9886660803
Bangalore, India
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I totally enjoyed my stay. Its pretty close to railway station and Mysore Palace. Prices are reasonable, hotel rooms & bathrooms are clean.
Staff are very kind and helpful. MTR will be my first choice next time i go to Mysore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Nikemannar, General Manager at Mannar's Residency, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

Greetings of the day from MTR Residency!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through our Trip Advisor Website.

We are happy that you like the stay and with us, we are coming up with 13 more rooms in to cater more people and the rooms will be super deluxe you can directly compare to 4 star deluxe or 4 star category rooms but at rates will be very reasonable, we are trying to provide you the service by this Diwali.

+91-988 666 0803