“Perfect chowmin experience”
Review of Anu's Bamboo Hut

Anu's Bamboo Hut
Ranked #26 of 571 Restaurants in Mysuru (Mysore)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Anu's Bamboo Hut is a small home run seasonal rooftop cafe where we serve healthy vegetarian buffet lunch on all weekdays except Saturdays. We also serve smoothies, lassies, herbal teas, chai, coffee and above all the very popular Chocolate Pie between 5 pm and 7 pm. Wi-Fi facility is free with your order. We started this venture in November 2004 mainly for the visiting yoga students from all over the world who come to practice yoga in Mysore.However our place is open to all vegetarian food lovers. It is possible the food gets over quickly, that is, before 3 pm; if you are a visitor or tourist to Mysore, please call ahead so that we may make sure you have enough to eat when you arrive. Anu also offers vegetarian cooking lessons to those who are enthusiastic to learn how to cook Indian vegetarian food on Saturdays with prior registration. Welcome to Anu's Bamboo Hut!
Reviewed June 5, 2018

The South Indian blend of chowmin with rajma and cooked baby-corn was really delicious. The sauce and mayonnaise added to the taste.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

I spent a very enjoyable half day at Anu's cookery class followed by a truly excellent lunch (I went back for a third helping!). Anu/we cooked four dishes - 3 savoury and one sweet, all of which were truly amazing. Anu also covered the toasting and preserving of spices in her lovely kitchen.

We then sat down as a group and enjoyed our food plus a few extra goodies. Highly recommended and very good value.

Date of visit: March 2017
Anugan, Owner at Anu's Bamboo Hut, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Thank you James! Your presence in my little kitchen was most humbling, one that I will remember for a long time. Hope to see you again.

Anu

Reviewed October 9, 2016

Anu is a real chef. Her food is prepared with love and I could realized that when I did one of her cooking class. The buffet offers a wide choice of fresh food, including, dhal, chapatis, vegetables, currys and always one delicous and huge dessert. It's not cheap comparing to Indian standard, but it's worth each cent and makes you really happy and satisfied, thank you Anu!!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Anugan, Owner at Anu's Bamboo Hut, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Dear Diogo,
You are very kind and thank you for giving us such a good review. We look forward to your return to Mysore and to the pleasure of spending wonderful moments with you in our kitchen.

The Team, Anu's Bamboo Hut

Reviewed August 16, 2016 via mobile

I simply loved being here. I was here with my two little ones and hubby on a holiday. This place gave me what I was looking for on a hot afternoon :
- Simple, tasty, fresh, home-cooked meals with local flavors. Wouldn't be worried about feeding my kids here

- an informal, cozy setup. My girls jumped and played around happily, while my husband and I had the time and convenience to " talk" without any efforts to keep the little ones entertained

- very reasonable pricing

- A pleasant experience. It was wonderful meeting Anu ji;we got a lot of information on local to dos from her.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank Spandana A
Reviewed August 14, 2016

the restaurant's main attraction was the rooftop dining.
the experience was great .
food was amazing i completely loved it.
the staff were kind enough to return my wallet to me that i left it there mistakenly.
must recommended restaurant for everyone.

Date of visit: May 2016