Green Hotel
$78
$72
$66
  • Breakfast included
Fortune JP Palace(Mysuru (Mysore))
$57
$50
$86
$38
Ginger Mysore(Mysuru (Mysore))
$30
$22
Agoda.com
Treebo Spektrum Suites(Mysuru (Mysore))
$41
$27
Southern Star Mysore(Mysuru (Mysore))
$53
$49
$109
$76
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sandesh The Prince(Mysuru (Mysore))
$55
$42
Agoda.com
Hotel MB International(Mysuru (Mysore))(Great Value!)
$26
$21
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmain buildingprincess roompalace buildingold palacelemon drizzle cakesmall palacegarden restauranttravel deskantique furnituretravel servicespent nightsold world charmheritage hotelbeautiful propertyindian foodprofitcharity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We arrived late at night and the kitchen thoughtfully made us tea and sandwiches. Staff lovely they couldn't do enough for us. The food was really tasty and good price. Rooms spacious clean and comfortable.
The ethos of the hotel is to provide employment to people in difficulty and I applaud them for this.
It seems that numbers staying are down as there are less visitors to the city. It's a shame as they deserve to do well.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

When we arrived was told to get lunch before we signed in told it was open we ordered food when it didn't come I asked why they told us they didn't open till 12 so why they took our order I don't no. The rooms come without windows so very noisy. The beds are so uncomfortable rock hard. booking a tour was difficult to begin with. The breakfast on first day we had it was good but on the second day we had a waiter that really didn't want to be there and certainly didn't want us there we ended up not eating that morning.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I read about Malgudi cafe on a travel website, but did not have much expectations. But once I reached I was spellbound, the 'under priviledged ladies' were not just hospitable but fluent in English too. The manager told me a lady from UK has been training them for a month :) . The food is good here, esp the cakes and hot coffee.

The palace in in itself is well maintained and nice. Very eco friendly, a one of its kind in India that I have seen. I was mostly impressed by the amicable staff and the how 'green' it actually is. One visit here in compulsory for people visiting Mysore, it wont be disappointing at all

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel was our first stop after a flight to Bangalore and a 5 hour drive. It was just what we needed, a comfortable clean and welcoming hotel.The food was excellent, and the restaurant is in the garden

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I'm not sure what people are finding to complain about with this place. Perhaps they arrive expecting some kind of major luxury because it used to be a palace. That was a long time ago my friends, and India has moved on.... At around 4000 rupees a night it may not be the cheapest hotel in India, but this seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable price for such a haven in a busy city. The mattresses are soft, not hard, the pillows are fine, the bathroom and room are spotless, the bedcovers are clean. The garden rooms are probably better than the Palace - the upstairs ones are spacious and cool....

We stayed here after being in a number of different places in Kerala and Karnataka and found it wonderful. We had read the reviews about the mediocre food - again, I would disagree. The food is perfectly good. You can sit outside in the garden under the moon, drink beer, be served by extremely friendly and courteous staff, and recover from the harsher elements of Indian travel. The ethos of the place seems to be reflected in the attitudes of the staff, who are always smiling and will do anything they can to help you.

The inhouse Seagull Travel is excellent and you can rely on them for good driving in seatbelted cars for a day rate of 2,500 and lovely drivers.

I did have a look at a room in the Palace, the cheapest one at something like 3,500, and it did seem a bit small and dark, and the palace is closer to the road. In the garden rooms we were happy as Larry for five days. Thank you, Green Hotel.

Room Tip: Garden rooms, top floor, seem to be the best..
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple