Green Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Treebo Spektrum Suites(Mysuru (Mysore))
View Hotel
Ruchi the Prince(Mysuru (Mysore))
View Hotel
Hotel Le Ruchi The Prince(Mysuru (Mysore))
View Hotel
Casa Clarks INN(Mysuru (Mysore))
View Hotel
The Fern Residency(Mysuru (Mysore))
  • Pool
Maruthi Palace Hotel(Mysuru (Mysore))
View Hotel
Spree Roopa Elite(Mysuru (Mysore))
Olive Residency(Mysuru (Mysore))
View Hotel
Treebo Komfort Suites(Mysuru (Mysore))
View Hotel
All reviewsmain buildingprincess roompalace buildingold palacelemon drizzle cakesmall palacegarden restauranttravel deskantique furnituretravel servicespent nightsold world charmheritage hotelbeautiful propertyindian foodprofitcharity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I read about Malgudi cafe on a travel website, but did not have much expectations. But once I reached I was spellbound, the 'under priviledged ladies' were not just hospitable but fluent in English too. The manager told me a lady from UK has been training them for a month :) . The food is good here, esp the cakes and hot coffee.

The palace in in itself is well maintained and nice. Very eco friendly, a one of its kind in India that I have seen. I was mostly impressed by the amicable staff and the how 'green' it actually is. One visit here in compulsory for people visiting Mysore, it wont be disappointing at all

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel was our first stop after a flight to Bangalore and a 5 hour drive. It was just what we needed, a comfortable clean and welcoming hotel.The food was excellent, and the restaurant is in the garden

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I'm not sure what people are finding to complain about with this place. Perhaps they arrive expecting some kind of major luxury because it used to be a palace. That was a long time ago my friends, and India has moved on.... At around 4000 rupees a night it may not be the cheapest hotel in India, but this seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable price for such a haven in a busy city. The mattresses are soft, not hard, the pillows are fine, the bathroom and room are spotless, the bedcovers are clean. The garden rooms are probably better than the Palace - the upstairs ones are spacious and cool....

We stayed here after being in a number of different places in Kerala and Karnataka and found it wonderful. We had read the reviews about the mediocre food - again, I would disagree. The food is perfectly good. You can sit outside in the garden under the moon, drink beer, be served by extremely friendly and courteous staff, and recover from the harsher elements of Indian travel. The ethos of the place seems to be reflected in the attitudes of the staff, who are always smiling and will do anything they can to help you.

The inhouse Seagull Travel is excellent and you can rely on them for good driving in seatbelted cars for a day rate of 2,500 and lovely drivers.

I did have a look at a room in the Palace, the cheapest one at something like 3,500, and it did seem a bit small and dark, and the palace is closer to the road. In the garden rooms we were happy as Larry for five days. Thank you, Green Hotel.

Room Tip: Garden rooms, top floor, seem to be the best..
4  Thank tamsin_haggis
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It is not what it once was. We found The Green Hotel, is decidedly in need of a massive investment: time to clean,repaint,wash, dust . Time to get new fresh uniforms for the waiters; time to buy new menus- (think the worst greasy spoon London `caff `in the days before hygiene inspectors became the norm )

We examined our booked room, came down the stairs (no lift ) had a nibble in the garden cafe- decided it would be no place to stay: rather dodgy looking fellow guests... so booked in to another hotel (having already paid for the Green Hotel -we did not ask for our money back.

Room Tip: check the state of the pillows/mattress.
1  Thank servabofidem35
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I just spent 1 day in the hotel and I absolutely loved it. The hotel reminds you of old princely times. Very quiet and peaceful place. Food was very good and service even better.

A perfect place for a nice vacation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family