“Superb Shanthi”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Shanthi Niwas Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #34 of 143 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Superb Shanthi”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been travelling Asia for 14mths and this was the most enjoyable accomodation experience I have had.
Ganga, Cary and their 2 children were extremely welcoming, friendly, helpful and generous.
The "suite"[sitting, bedroom and bathroom] is not 5 star for amenities but it is 5 star for value, breakfast,relaxation peacefulness, friendliness and location.

Room Tip: There is only 1
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pune, India
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My 78-year old mother and I spent 3 nights and 4 days at Shanti Niwas in August 2012 and it was exactly what we wanted: the house is located in a quiet, leafy, residential neighborhood and is excellent for morning and evening walks. Ganga and her family were very hospitable from our very first interactions via e-mail and that continued throughout the stay. They knew when to leave us to our own devices and when to offer suggestions. Ganga was thoughtulness about small things like how we like our tea, and her excellent breakfasts gave a kick-start to our day. We appreciated her children's and husband's efforts to help make our local travel and stay extremely pleasant. This was our first ever home stay and we will certainly return. Thank you Ganga.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Vervezelle, Lorraine, France
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was planning my vacation and the thought of Mysore came to mind for many reasons. Once that was decided, the next big question was where to stay with my one year old son. I thought about hotels and homestays and finally decided on Homestay.
Looking at trip advisor, the highest rankings, I contacted Stephen Farrell of Mysore Bed and Breakfast who directed me to Ganga Cariappa of Shanti Nivas Bed and Breakfast.
I was apprehensive but that turned out to be one of the most enjoyable and comfortable things in Mysore.

The Homestay run by Ganga is nice, set in a calm neighbourhood, with parking for a car or two. The breakfast is good, with a touch of Karnataka. The silent atmosphere of the area, though within the city and the nearness to the tourist spots was a deal ! One cannot get better than this. They respect your privacy and provide you with the right tips on shopping, dining and sightseeing. You can’t miss the Mysore guide that she has for you on a file in the room.

I should but also comment on the excellent hospitality provided by the whole family. Ganga was quite helpful, and made us feel at home. The tensions of boiled water and other homemade things for our little one was taken care of by her and she also gave us tips and directions on the places to see.

We stayed there for two nights and three days and it was wonderful. Thank you Ganga, we will visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed there for one day...it was pleasent stay there

Owner is very helpful
It was little tricky to find place, but owner guided well.

Nice place to stay..value for money..

Nothing special to say

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Amol Wayachal
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were visiting Mysore from the USA, and Ganga and her family made the visit fantastic. We were greeted by her lovely children and from the moment we met the family we felt so comfortable. They respect privacy and yet make you feel so warm and included. The breakfasts Ganga made us were first rate, some of the best food I've had in India. We had some extremely insightful conversations with the family and learned much from each other. They are so sincere and kind. I could have sat there chatting with Ganga all day!

Western visitors, do be aware that the room we stayed in had a bucket-style shower (which you may not be used to but is kind of fun!)

We had a lovely time and I look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Highroader
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I Planned to Visit mysore and was searching for a nice place to stay and we noticed Shanti Niwas , We called Mrs Ganga The owner and She was so Nice from the word Go. We reached there around 1:00 Am Early morning but she was waiting for us with all her Zest nd Entu for her and we were served with Nice Tea at dead of night we was so relaxing after a long Trip.
In morning we were served home made breakfast which was also a highlight of our Trip. Thanks Ganga. The rooms are spacious and the Living room outside has so much light that my infant really loved it . The healthy air and the abundant lights in the room they will give you a great homely feeling. And most important thing of all is , the house is situated in the heart of the city and all the major attractions are situated at a stone throwing distance . So you can come back and relax for an hour or so between your schedule.
Overall a nice place and value for money.
Thanks Ganga for all your hospitality.

Room Tip: The rooms are good for a family or if you are in group of 3 .
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vibhu2212
, Owner at Shanthi Niwas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
thank you vibhu. your review was very encouraging.It feels good when people appreciate your effort.hope to meet u ii again.
regards ganga cariappa
Southport
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here last March and found this a lovely stopover in my travels. The accommodation is situated on a quiet street in a nice area. Ganga Cariappa (who can be found on facebook) met me and made me very welcome with tea and biscuits. The apartment upstairs is secure and safe and has air conditioning. It was very comfortable and clean and I felt I had my own place to where I could escape the bustle of India. Yet I could go downstairs and the family would help me with anything I needed and would give local advice and cultural information.

A lovely place to stay in the beautiful city of Mysore, Karnataka, India.

Room Tip: Accidentally rated a pool but there isn't one.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank salnixon
, Owner at Shanthi Niwas Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
thank you sally,for the review.sure you back home after your project.Hope to meet you when you in India next.