“A must do!”

$15.00*
Half-Day Vintage Mysore Cycle Tour
$38.00*
South Indian Culinary Experience with Local Host Family
Ranked #1 of 5 Tours in Mysuru (Mysore)
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Royal Mysore Walks, we are bunch of locals who enjoy showing you around the city that we love and call home. There is more to this city than what meets the eye, that is pretty much the case with most cities in this world that's worth a visit. We run open tours on several themes that you can join, or we could customise a private tour for your group, just ask! Choose from taking a walk, riding a bike, jumping on a jeep, or if you have your transport we are happy to take you for a ride in it!!! Why just visit when you can experience, is what we like to say!
Bengaluru, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A must do!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The best way to travel is to meet and interact with locals and learn about the city through them. And the best way to explore a city is on foot! A tour with Royal Mysore Walks is a wonderful way to discover Mysore. Vinay & Vinay took us not only to the must-see sights like the Mysore Palace but they also led us off the beaten track: to the Devaraja market where we watched the flower merchants weaving intricate garlands, tried a type of banana which is indigenous to Mysore, and sampled Mysore Pak from the stall run by the grandson of its inventor! We also saw some examples of both heritage architecture and the art-deco buildings which were popular in the 60s and visited the art school and workshops of handicraft artisans. This is definitely a must-do when in Mysore!

Visited October 2012

Bengaluru, India
“"You forget what you see, but not what you feel - Feel Mysore"”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

First they put a dot, then a lot of other interesting dots around it, by the end of the tour you can't resist and I am sure you end up connecting these wonderful dots. Finally "WOW", there it is, a wholesome experience which rekindles your imagination to visualize Mysore's Past Glory and its relevance in the present world. You can see Mysore, but to FEEL it I highly recommend to book your slots @ Royal Mysore Walks.

Visited December 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The MUST do in Mysore!!!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The Mysore that most of the Mysorians do not know, is what I can say! I would strongly recommend my fellow travelers to see Mysore from the eyes and brains of Royal Mysore walks with Vinay and his wonderful team! They have been the pioneers in bringing the walking tour concept from around the globe to Mysore and have been doing a wonderful job.
Me and my friends truly loved the way we were engaged during the complete walking tour and makes you feel even more hungry for the knowledge about Mysore!
Vinay I am definitely going to do your cycle tour and open jeep tour in my next visit to Mysore!

Cheers, all the very best, keep walking and rocking!

Visited June 2012
“Amazing experience! !”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Enjoyed every bit of the tour. Being a history buff myself, I must say this is the one which does justice in all ways. Excellent package.. highly recommend!

San Francisco, California
“Master Storyteller”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

A must do for anyone who loves exploring new places/cultures without doubt!
Mysore is where I grew up in and spent my formative years; I assumed I knew a lot about Mysore until I went for a walk with Vinay (RMW founder)
I must mention that Vinay is a master storyteller and you will NOT regret spending a day on his tours (be it walking, biking, hiking, jeeping, etc.) which is informative, intriguing and refreshing.

Happy traveling!!