“Best place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 138 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Best place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stayed in Tulips Homestay during our Mysore trip on last week of Jan 2012. This is perfectly a home away from home. Very clean, neat & calm. Surprised to see such a well maintained place here. Usually we see such places in abroad. Rooms are very spacious. Even bathrooms are clean & spacious.They have a dining table with 4 chairs & a computer table which are very useful. I have a two year old daughter who doesn't eat outside food. Tulips provided a electric stove for us. I cooked home food for my daughter & we really enjoyed our stay here. Both Kaveriappa & the manager are very soft spoken & down to earth. The best part is Tulips provide complementory breakfast. No need to go in search of food early in the morning. I strongly recommend all to stay here & feel the difference. Great place to stay if you have small kids.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SujathaP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
mysore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

It is a very nice place to stay in Mysore-whether you are holidaying with Family or on a business trip. The specious rooms, green ambiance are really impressive.The hosts seem to have taken a lot of efforts to offer a value for money. Their polite nature, hospitality made our stay at TULIPS HOME STAY really is a homestay! I...The place is excellent. Well laid out spacious accommodation.

Facilities like Mini Pantry,Cable TV & Internet facility adds to our Holidaying as well as attending important office work in leisure.

Homely environment away from home with cultured good hosts.

Taking good care of our stay, food, travel guidance and helping hand in case of emergencies at any time.
Room Tip: AC/NON AC rooms at the end are better in terms of exterior view. Otherwise all rooms offer equal comfort

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank greeneyes29004
Kochi (Cochin), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

During our visit to Mysore during the last week of Dec'2011, we stayed in Tulips Homestay. It is an excellent place to stay and feels really at home, It looks like a studio apartment and is very clean and the hospitality is best. I recommend all to feel the experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bhagyanath999
Mysuru (Mysore), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

the best thing: the caretakers are friendly and helpful, and when I say that, I mean REALLY-REALLY helpful.
I even liked the rooms, gotta say, quite well maintained. They also have links with good travel agencies, so these people avail you cabs n' all, at a very proper rate.
All in all, our stay in mysore, was much more comfortable, because of our stay at this particular place called, "tulips home stay" .

Room Tip: you do have options with having AC vs Non-AC rooms. Decide depending upon your budget and comfort.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the level of cleanliness here that I had seen in hotels abroad!
The specious rooms, green ambiance are really impressive.The hosts seem to have taken a lot of efforts to offer a value for money. Their polite nature, hospitality made our stay at TULIPS HOME STAY really is a homestay! I have already recommended it to my son who is coming down from USA for a holiday and raved about it to my friends in Bombay.

Arpana.Kulkarni.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

It is a very nice place to stay in Mysore-whether you are holidaying with Family or on a business trip. Good facilities,Great hosts, A peaceful place away from maddening crowd.
Highly recomended for the stay.

Jaishankar, Chennai

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

I spent a couple of days in Mysore this November, and Tulips Homestay made a great difference for me in comparison to other places I stayed in India. The rooms are huge and perfectly clean, brand-new and well-equipped with TV, fridge, internet-connection and always hot water shower. Home-delivery food can be ordered with the extremely helpful and friendly manager of the homestay, which is also a handy service if you don't feel like going out for dinner.

The owners asked me what I'd like to have for breakfast and offered me a variation every day including Papaya from their own plant. They also helped me organise a taxi for a full-day trip outside of Mysore to nearby waterfalls, which was a wonderful day out in the tropical landscape and would hardly have been possible in such an uncomplicated way without their help.

The only slightly negative thing I can think of with Tulips is the fact that they are located in a very nice and better-off area quite far from the city-center which always requires tuk-tuk or taxi-drives to the center for sightseeing, and sometimes the tuk-tuk drivers could not find the house straight away as they were not familiar with the area. But you'll still always get there somehow. Barking dogs and sometimes noisy guys of the neighbouring boys' hostel might be a minor disturbance, but it's still a very quiet place in comparison to other places in India!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo