“GEM of a place in MYSORE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Mysore Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 152 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2013

During the Dasara time we wanted to spend a couple days in Mysore.
Based on all the TRIPADVISOR reviews we chose this.
Just like all the other reviews, I would like to give a BIG THUMPS UP for this place.
What makes this HOMESTAY a specail one is Mr. Stephen Farrell and his
support team- Manjula and Auto Driver Vasanth. Stephen being a well informed traveler
himself is very courteous and hospitable host. Conversations with him were
interesting and informative.
He is a great source of knowledge about Mysore and its History.
He is very passionate about what he does.
The breakfasts and dinner items were tasty and nutritious,
especially his home made bread was a big hit with everyone.
We thoroughly enjoyed staying at Mysore BnB
We certainly would go back to this place

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hellositara
sfindia7, Front Office Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

hey, we so enjoyed having you to stay. This year has been quite different as we've had so many especially Indian families come to visit us. We've added to the children's' books, kitchen for people to prepare food for their young ones or make a cuppa and now have bought a baby bath! so glad you liked it here and I've passed on your great comments to Vasanth and Manjula. we look forward to welcoming you again,
Best wishes,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stephen, Manjula and Lucie (the dog) will forever be part of our fondest memories of travelling through India.You know that feeling of relief when you're in an unfamiliar place and someone takes care of you, bringing order and reassurance that all is well? That's Stephen. He is such an warm and entertaining host who clearly enjoys his life and has 'gone native' in adjusting to the chaos that is India, he will set you immediately at ease with the way things work so that you can relax and enjoy it all as much as he apparently does. Manjula's cooking of course leaves little else to wish for and is a treat to be had in the midst of the very interesting and intimate company of the guests sharing their stay with you. Staying here was one of the highlights of our trip, an event in itself and definitely better than any old impersonal hotel. Also, the "My Cycle" cycle tours run by Stephen and Anant are lovely, look that up as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sherminds
sfindia7, booking clerk at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Thank you for an absolutely fab review. sorry its taken an age for me to respond. You've sussed it… I just love the great mix of guests and so pleased the open house approach is what guests seem to like. It's been extra hectic with me going to meet my new Granddaughter back in the UK.

Great stuff, what you've said and thanks for the plug of the MYcycle cycle tours which are of course are also listed on Trip Advisor. hint hint to the folks out there!

Now we're in the build up to our busiest period at the BnB (late dec through to late feb). so pleased you liked the place,. I can hear Manj in the background, just back from visiting her mum. we're having pasta tonight and using up some of the precious cheese from the UK.

latest project involves some great columns from the old srirangapatnam station, remember it? well I've scrounged three of them as the building has been demolished to make way for the new railway track! more details own Facebook and our manjulas mysore new site.

enough of my rambles, hope we see you again

our very Best wishes,

Stephen and the empowered women

Reviewed October 3, 2013

While I have stayed in several homestays while traveling in India, this is the first true B&B where you are actually sharing a home with the hosts, not just staying in an attached self-contained room. The guest rooms are small, but there are neat, comfortable shared spaces to enjoy. The breakfast is plentiful and tasty, with excellent South Indian coffee and homemade soda bread, and if you are very lucky, idli with coconut chutney. The evening meals that I shared with the hosts and other guests were healthy and delicious.
Upon arrival, I first met Lucy the dog who provided an enthusiastic greeting. Both Stephen and Manjula will make you feel like a guest in their home, not a customer. The location of the B&B is a few km from Mysore city, but it is easy to reach by auto rickshaw or bus. The neighborhood is clean, safe, and has several eateries and shops within walking distance.
I would definitely choose Mysore B&B for my next Mysore visit, and can highly recommend it to anyone looking from a change from the typical hotel experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

thanks for a lovely review. its great to get feedback and understand what you appreciated. Soda bread is my eldest son's recipe which he bakes for his customers at the north london restaurant where he's chef. Lucy can however be a bit over enthusiastic! i do enjoy sharing my home so pleased you valued it. we're just now entering our busiest period so looking forward to the usual rich diverse mix. hope we meet again, Stephen

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Everything you need to help you cope with the sometimes crazyness of India! A haven not far from the centre of Mysore with an excellent informative host, a wonderful housekeeper (and cook) and very friendly doggy. If you want to keep the feel of India - which a hotel can strip away - but keep the essence of what's best, then I can highly recommend a stay here.

The cycle tours that can be arranged via the B&B are a must - highly recommended. The Srirangapatna ride through beautiful countryside soothes the soul and is also a great way to sample Indian village life. I felt safe throughout and appreciated the thought that has been put into the routes and sights shown.

Room Tip: Take a room at the back of the house if possible. All rooms are good but the front can be a little n...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
sfindia7, Owner at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Clean yes! Wonderful company from guests let alone the hosts, yes..... But calm, well you should have seen it this morning , new guests arriving, room changes and in total breakfast for ten people. Calm it wasn't but it was still good fun and now everyone is out and about and I can relax. Stress comes from the big boss being away on holiday.,don't misunderstand me, if anyone ever deserves her holidays it's Manjula but she is such a whizz, so capable and she does it so effortlessly it leaves such a big gap, in so many ways, when she's not here! So thank you for a lovely review and we hope to meet again.

Best wishes,

And the girls

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Do you want the feeling of home and the excitement of travel and exploration all in one? There is nothing lacking here. All the sustainable practices of what I would call modern living and real fresh coffee beans, what more can a fellow from Oregon want. Well, there is more, besides the cycle tours, of course, there is a net work of Stephen and Manjula's contacts that fulfill whatever you are seeking. All in Mysore, which has so much going for it. Do it, no doubts!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
sfindia7, Manjula's Assistant at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

What a week it's been! Four seperate travellers with Portland links and three actually from there. Sounds like a place to visit. Thank you for visiting us, great to get to know you and share insights. I'd forgot to mention an Australian guest from earlier this year who had a consultancy developing stakeholder dialogue for planning.ivejust completed our stats for the past six months (our quiet time!) we've now had way over 700 guests in total and recently thenlargestngroup has become Indian tourists (many with children) and joint second are from UK and France. Interesting change in our guests which will change again when we get into main season as it will be mostly visitors from abroad again. Hope youngest home safe and sound, enjoy the retirement an donstaymin touch. Best wishes, Stephen

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Me, My wife and 2 year old son stayed in Mysore BnB. Decided to stay in BnB because I was curious to know as to why they are ranked No. 1 in Mysore and also because we decided not to stay in a typical Hotel.
Now I know why they are ranked No. 1.
You can expect a comfortable stay, good breakfast and a great team (Stephen, Manjula and Lucie) who will ensure that you understand Mysore and its way of life before you check out.
We feel so happy to have stayed there that we are planning for another trip with our parents......

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
sfindia7, Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

thank you for taking the risk to check us out ;-) I'm so pleased you did. It was great fun. The BnB, MYcycle cycle tours and spending time with our lovely guests and especially the young one's helps keep me young !! i had a wonderful time. A little over a year ago we had our first family and we were nervous about whether the facilities were right and whether families would fit in... what were we worried about? its proven that the place can more than provide for families with plenty of space, the extra downstairs kitchen and clearly the kids love it. And I do even more...this august has been exceptional there has been a good range of families with 'children' from 10 months to their twenties ;-) it was great getting to know you, I really enjoyed our times at home and loved the fun and games. I've now been out to get a 'baby' bath so it bath times will be even easier! I look forward to welcoming three generations of the family. my best wishes,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our stay in Mysore B&B will remain as one of our best experiences in India!
Beautiful house, delicious vegetarian meals, excellent breakfasts, peaceful and friendly atmosphere, inspiring discussions... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!
Oh, and last but not least: don't miss the cycle tours in Mysore and Srirangapatnam island (organized and led by Stephen himself), they're simply fascinating!
Thank you Stephen, Manjula and Vasanth!!! Hope to see you again in the next future!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
sfindia7, Guest Relations Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

hey, it was a real pleasure welcoming you as guests. You make a great couple, and don't often feel the wish to say that, spot on!! you clearly had a great time in India and I'm pleased we were able to share something off the specialness that is Mysore. the MYcycle tour of srirangaptnam was an absolute gas, great! I hope you do work out a way to get to work abroad again, India is the sort of place that would appreciate your skills. Im certain we'll see you again. my very best wishes, stephen