Mysore Bed and Breakfast
Pai Vista(Mysuru (Mysore))
$59
$73
  • Breakfast included
Fortune JP Palace(Mysuru (Mysore))
$56
  • Breakfast included
Southern Star Mysore(Mysuru (Mysore))
The Quorum(Mysuru (Mysore))
$93
$73
$60
Ginger Mysore(Mysuru (Mysore))
$27
$26
Priceline
All reviewsstephen and manjulacycle tourother guestshome from homegreat hostsan amazing cookauto rickshaw driverrooms are spotlessly cleanindian culturefour nightssouth indiastayed longerroof terraceliving roomquiet locationchaifelt like home
Reviewed August 18, 2013

On our short stop over in Mysore we stayed at Stephen's place. As a master story teller & host Stephen impressed with a GREAT breakfast and even more stories ;-)
The house has a lovely atmosphere and clean rooms with good bathrooms.
A absolute must if you go to Mysore.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
sfindia7, assisting the boss at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

great to spend more time together and get to know you. so pleased you came as a couple and brought the in-laws, praise indeed to have all parts of the swiss family come to stay. They were lovely to meet. I had a great, enjoyable time. I hope you find time to come over again from Bangalore and look forward to it. this August has seen quite a change with more people coming to the BnB from India (in main season its mainly guests from abroad) and in particular really enjoying hosting families with young one's from age 10 months through to their 20s ;-) I've now got a beard but I'm afraid it just makes me look an even older man, so experiment over it will have to go!
best wishes, Stephen

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Mysore is a lovely city and Mysore Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to enjoy it from! Stephen, the owner, was back in the UK when we visited but Manjula was more than capable of taking care of us. Breakfasts were good and the one dinner she served us was really good as well. We loved being in a local area rather than a tourist precinct. The only minor criticism I would make is that we found the bed very hard. Guests should note that there is only a cold water shower. We did enjoy the traditonal bucket shower though and with plenty of hot water.
Vasanth, the auto rickshaw driver, is friendly, knowledgeable and very good company (we just hope his little boy sleeps through the night one of these days :) ) We spent most of the 2 1/2 days we were in Mysore being driven around by Vasanth and enjoyed the experience very much. He took us to very interesting places and we enjoyed the local, non-touristy lunch suggestions.
If we ever get the chance to come back to Mysore we know where to stay! If we ever have friends heading to Mysore we know where to send them! Thanks to the three of you for a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
sfindia7, Owner at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. Sorry I wasn't here to meet you and very pleased you had a great time in Mysore. I've given your feedback to Manjula and Vasanth who have done a great job holding the fort while I was away in the Uk catching up with my sons and completing workshops for corporate clients. Sorry you didn't like the mattresses. I'll consider a wider range of options the current ones (extensively tested ;-) ) are coir from coconuts (on a foam base) and have proven to be popular.

I hope to meet you on a future trip.

Do check our manjulasmysore site as we'll be inviting guests to put forward their favourite photograph of Mysore or India

Best wishes,

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Had an amazingly comfy, warm and homely experience during my stay!
My room was spacious, clean and relaxing.
Hot water available for a shower and a clean bathroom.
A small kitchen to prepare tea and wash fruit.
Manjula makes amazing tea and prepares wonderful breakfast!
Overall, good value for money and I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for coming to stay at our place and realising how wonderful is Mysore. So many people are surprised when they arrive here to find there is so much to do in and around the city. Great that youndid realise and thank you for such good feedback. Its great to list and show through your photos, what it's like to help prospective guests understand what it's really like. It's been quiet for the last two months, as we expected. It has now just got busy with a full house tonight and a great mix of people from different nationalities and cultures. Helps me realise how lucky we are to met such lovely people. Hope you do return.
My best wishes,

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

What more could you want from a bed and breakfast? Great bed? Check. great shower and fresh towels? Check. Excellent food? Check. Fantastic hosts who have great local knowledge? Check. Mysore bnb is fantastic. I stayed longer than I planned and chances are you might too. You can find their email on their Facebook page for bookings.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Trvlry
sfindia7, Manjula's assistant at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

so pleased we ticked the boxes!* thank you for coming to stay. Manj and I are just relaxing here after supper. Its been a great month, very few guests but that allows more time to get to know you guys. Great entry in the guest book, thanks you achieved the objective, not boring! ;-) wishing you great travels do stay in touch. I now have photographs of traditional housing and something that's similar to what I envisage. will post on web site. I've decided to offer to single travellers... day trip on Enfield Bullet, cycle tour and lunch, thanks for helping develop it. best wishes,

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I arrived to Mysore Bed and Breakfast after two months of traveling around India and Burma, and I felt at once it was the PERFECT place to be!! It is clean, lovely decorated, full of light… and Steve and Manjula really make it such a unique place.
I enjoyed excellent breakfasts and dinners (best indian food I had in my travel!!) cooked by Manjula, and Steve was always present, friendly and helpful… a really amazing host!!
I felt confortable and at home all the time. I was taking yoga classes in Mysore during my stay, and moving all around the city by scooter (I rented one) was easy and great fun.
I would especially recommend the cycle tour that Steve organizes to Srirangapatnam, an amazingly beautiful and interesting place I wouldn’t have known otherwise: it was greeeat to go around with him by bicycle there!
Thank you so much, Steve & Manjula, I loved to be there with you and see you soon... I will definitely be back ☺

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
sfindia7, Deputy Host at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We're missing you, come back now! Name change not sticking? ;-) but I'll not mention it here! we had a lovely time together thank you for making part of your adventure here in our humble home. Photos including of our research cycling in Bylakuppe are on Facebook. I've since discovered the workshop where they make the massive Buddhas we saw in the golden temple. It will most definitely be on the new MYcycle tour. Also have brand new service, one-on-one guided tours on the Royal Enfield Bullet! Once I get my act together, there will be more photos on Flickr via our new Manjula web site. I hope the travels continue to be good . My very very best wishes, peas and love, Stephen