“I wish we would have stayed longer! (Family with a toddler)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mysuru (Mysore)
Mysore Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 148 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Long Beach, California, United States
“I wish we would have stayed longer! (Family with a toddler)”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Mysore BnB with Stephen and Manjula on our way back to Bangalore and my only wish is that we would have stayed longer. We were welcomed very nicely, had a tour of the place and then sat down in the living room and chatted with Stephen (a wealth of knowledge about Mysore) while relaxing from our 4 hour car ride. He played with our almost 2 year old (who LOVED him and doesn't take to just anyone) and it felt like we had arrived at family's house. Stephen gave us great recommendations for shopping and food (we wanted to make sure we didn't get sick on our last couple days in India) and all places were excellent. We slept vey well in our room and woke up to have a delicious western breakfast prepared by Manjula (quite a nice break after 3 weeks of Indian food). Manjula also made us Indian dinner that night and even made the exact same meal without spice for our almost 2 year old- so nice! The neighborhood is residential and very safe. We loved Mysore and the BnB and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Mysore.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sfindia7, Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
It's been a bit hectic so I'm behind with my responses. Thank you for yiur kind review. It was an absolute pleasure having you as guests. I really enjoyed meeting you all and of course the star of the family! It helps me grow younger ;-). My own son is out here for a short visit so time for a bit of relaxing while the dynamo Manjula hold the fort for our current guests. Families are definitely now part of the big Mysore BnB family. I will hope to post photos in the next couple of weeks. My best wishes, Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
Newcastle
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights with Stephen and Manjula and were very sorry to leave. The rooms are spotlessly clean, the food is delicious and Stephen is a charming and helpful host.
We took the autorickshaw day trip to Sriramgapatnam with Vasanth which was very interesting and good value. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Mysore.

• Stayed December 2012
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed with Stephen and Manjula for three days and two nights in December, ending Christmas eve. Everything was beyond great, starting with Breakfast the morning we arrived at 7 am and ending with Stephen chasing us down to a downtown Mysore restaurant to have us sign his guestbook. We enjoyed eating with Stephen and the variety of other guests both in the guesthouse and at great restaurants, as well as the conversations and assistance provided. Stephen also organized day trips to the various attractions in the vicinity - at a very reasonable price.

Mysore is very nice, but this B&B is definitely the highlight of this town!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in the middle of our 3 week trip to India and we couldn't have timed it better. We love the Indian hospitality but felt the need for a nice break from it all and this place was perfect for that. Fabulous food cooked by Manjula and many laughs and sharing of stories with Stephen and other guests. A very laid back and comfortable atmosphere - loved it!

Rooms were small but very clean, comfortable beds and the towels were the best we had in India - big and fluffy! Shared bathroom but this wasn't an issue for us.

We did a cycle tour of Mysore city with Stephen which was great - we highly recommend it or other cycle tour. Steve was also extremely helpful in providing additional info for our itinery and organising taxis etc to ensure we didn't get ripped off. We highly recommend this b n b to other travellers!

• Stayed December 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Originally planning to spend 2 nights here and then head off to Bangalore. We arrived at 8am after a night bus from Kochi, we were welcomed by Stephen at the door, we had homemade pancakes made by Majula and sat with 2 other guests for breakfast, by 9am they had all convinced us to forget Bangalore and stay in Mysore for 2 extra nights, the deal was sealed. We felt instantly at home, words really can't explain how much of a fantastic time we had here. We had been travelling for 6 weeks in India already and this was the taste of home that we needed. The house is very clean (with fluffy towels) and homely with beautiful art all over the walls, which I was highly envious of! Stephen's house is in the suburbs but this makes it feel more like home. Jumping on and off the regular bus into the centre of town made me feel like a local after one day.
Stephen is full of historical facts, interesting stories and northern banter which we loved being 2 northern girls. Manjula is fantastic, she taught us how to make dosa one morning. She makes lovely food and this adds to the warm atmosphere around the table at mealtimes. There is a great dynamic between them both. Lucy, the friendly cuddly dog runs around excitedly too, she's the real boss! We had a good laugh and banter on with the other guests and with Stephen, we became friends not just hosts and guests. I would 100% recommend and will 100% return.
Thanks Stephen, Manjula and Lucy, hope to see the Halloween photos soon! Back in the North East now, spreading the Mysore love!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I really liked Mysore and my experience was enhanced by my stay the Mysore Bed & Breakfast. After nearly 6 weeks travelling around India and staying in a variety of mostly good hotels and havelis, staying in a B & B was a relaxed and comfortable way to wind down before returning home.
The location is good in a quiet, relatively upmarket suburb, opposite a park, about 10 minutes rickshaw ride from the centre of Mysore, and the house itself is very clean and comfortable.
Stephen was away, but Manjula made sure I had everything I needed, and Vasanth was also around most days for one thing or another. Manjula provides breakfast every morning and makes sure it varies from day to day. I was there three days and had three different breakfasts.
I also arranged with Manjula to have dinner there one night. If you stay here, you must not miss it. It was an amazing selection of veg dishes and they kept coming until I said I had had enough.
There is also a good local restaurant about two blocks away, where you can go for meals as well.
On one of the days, I booked Vasanth for the full day and we set off in his rickshaw for the temples at Somanathapura, Tippu Sultan's island of Srirangapatna and Chamoudi Hill, with a nice lunch at a river bank restaurant.
On another day, I booked a city and market walk with one of Stephen's colleagues, Vinay, and found that was a great way to see the inner parts of Mysore away from the tourist trail.
I can only say that I would love to go back to the Mysore Bed Breakfast if I ever get the chance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
sfindia7, Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
heck… just realized I didn't do a response to your review. Also sorry to have missed you when I was back in the UK.. Glad the team did the trick and helped you have a great stay in Mysore and overall trip to India. thanks for listing the things we do here as it really helps us to highlight to guests what we offer, encourage more to come stay and realise what we do in realistic way.
I hope to get the chance to meet you in the future,
best wishes front he team,
Manjula, Lucie, Vasanth and Stephen
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spent 3 nights here and had a great time. Stephen, Manjula and Vasanth made us really welcome and know an awful lot about the area. The atmosphere in the house is very relaxed, they know all the best places to go and clearly enjoy entertaining their guests. Mysore and the surrounding area is a 'must see' if you are going to southern India. The B&B is the ideal base for singles, couples or small families.

The ratings say it all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sfindia7, Manager at Mysore Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thanks for coming to stay and giving a great review. It's been so busy I'm only now, in march, catching up and responding, so I'm sorry I'm late. I can't believe time has passed so fast, it's been hectic to say the least and it's just beginning to quieten down.... A bit! I don't think Mysore is properly promoted as you've realised, it's a great place to visit, with much to do. The extra rooms have proven to be a great success and ideal for families to give them a little extra space. We hope we'll see you again, my best wishes, Stephen