“Great place - other than restuarant service”
Review of Fortune JP Palace

Fortune JP Palace
Ranked #8 of 116 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed for one night. Staff was very friendly in reception and housekeeping. Nice and clean rooms with overview of Chamundi hill and the palace The food in the roof top restaurant was good. The main floor dining for drinks before dinner - service was poor, we had to go find someone to assist us - interrupted their viewing of cricket on TV. Breakfast the next morning was better, however still had to ask staff for assistance. Other than restaurant experiences - great hotel.

Room Tip: Chamundi hill and palace side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brandybart
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune JP Palace.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune JP Palace, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Manoj Kumar Mavi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel has a nice property which is in the middle of the city. The location of the hotel is great and is quickly accessible from the key attractions in Mysore. The service in the hotel restaurant was not good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VP_Malik
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing this point to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune JP Palace.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed 9 nights in January and had a very enjoyable time. A well appointed room with a comfortable bed , îcleanliness was good throughout the hotel. We enjoyed the swimming pool and roof top garden which has great views . All the staff were helpful and polite ,breakfast was excellent. The hotel is situated in a quiet yet convenient position we would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aunderh247
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay and we have met your expectations, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Fantastic hotel in a great location. Lovely rooms with nice bathrooms. Restaurant is great with a large selection to choose from, but if there is a large number in, service can be a bit hit and miss. Was a bit poor that the hotel could not change money and directed you to the gift shop, who also struggled to convert even £50 to Rupees. Pool area is nice and in a central courtyard type area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hamishhow

Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay.We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We went last weekend to Mysore as a weekend getaway to celebrate my birthday. The hotel provides you with the perfect environment for a holiday and the luxury is incompetent. The hotel has a variety of restaurants to serve you with different cuisines. The terrace restaurant was our favorite

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vishrutta
FortuneJPPalace, General Manager at Fortune JP Palace, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is a very comfortable, clean, well located hotel. From our room we saw eagles flying and swooping past the window, wonderful. All the staff are delightful, willing to please and always smiling (especially the breakfast staff). Beware however, WiFi access is not free 24/7. Only a single 2hr slot per day.is free, anything over and above is charged. Disappointing for a hotel of this standard. WiFi was free 24/7.in all the other hotels we stayed in during our travel around India.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brouzetlady

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your stay with us and your feedback, which goes a long way in maintaining and improving our hotel standards and services. I will convey this feedback to my Team and we are in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi facilities.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed for one night while visiting Mysore area. We received a friendly welcome and the entire staff is very friendly and attentative. Nice and clean rooms with overview of tha palace and Chamundi hills. The food in the roof top restaurant is good and the view is breathtaking.
Leaving the hotel after having a rich breakfast and prompt check-out, we might very well come back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple