“Attentive service”
Review of The Castle

The Castle
Ranked #181 of 494 Restaurants in Mysuru (Mysore)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Attentive service”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My driver recommended this place for lunch on our day trip go Mysore. The restaurant was empty so the staff were very attentive. I had grilled fish on a skillet which was good. I also tried the Mysore tea which I was hoping would be like normal chai but it was very bitter.

• Visited May 2013

Long Valley, New Jersey
“Clean and healthy.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great breakfast and service. You can watch the chef at work and see how clean the food preparation is.

Visited March 2013
Toronto
“What an attitude!!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Our driver recommended this restaurant and so we ended up there. Whilst we were there people from different tour companies from far east Asia arrived. The buffet it seemed was catered more for clients from Far East, so we settled for a la carte. After ordering, the waiter brought three wrong orders to our table. They seemed more interested in waiting on the big group. What ever extra we ordered never came e.g. hot water & lemon. This was rather annoying and we decided to tip the waiter with only 10% of our bill. The waiter of wasn't happy and actually made a rude face and did not thank us but just ignored us and walked away. OMG what an attitude!

“Good Food.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel looks like a 4 star rated one but the restaurant is not so expensive. Travelling with family i was not willing to take a risk on the food quality and hence opted for dinner. The soup (hot and sour chicken) was not that great. But all the other dishes i ordered basically north indian was nice. Good spacious restaurant and staff understands English well. Recommended for travellers with family.

• Visited November 2012
New City, NY
“decent place for "safe" food”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Probably really 3.5 stars. I enjoyed it but we're not talking Michelin stars here.

My guide took me here for lunch on a day trip visit to Mysore from Bangalore. Since it was my 2nd day in India, I was still trying to be pretty careful with what I eat and this place was good because it caters to travellers and westerners - pepsi was served in a bottle, no ice in the glass. Ordered a lamb dish and it was fairly tasty. The wait staff was very nice and I had no trouble understanding them. Not pushy at all. Prices are western prices but the restaurant is spacious and very nice.

Lunch was a la carte dining, not a buffet. Choices of some western, India (both vegetarian and meat) as well as Chinese (go figure). My guide had recommended the Indian vegetarian served in a bannana leaf, but I happen to like lamb and they had a nice selection.

Would definitely recommend for anyone that prefers to be conservative with their dining.

• Visited November 2012