“Ideal Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of United 21 Hotel

United 21 Hotel
Ranked #45 of 99 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Mumbai
“Ideal Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2010

Our Christmas vacations started at Mysore and Hotel Ramanashree provided an ideal location for stay. It offers easy access to almost all the sight seeing destinations and market area. In itself, it is an average hotel which can improve on certain counts. Rooms are strictly okay. The lobby area outside the rooms is forever strewn with dirty room service dishes... Housekeeping needs serious hauling up. Food is good. Staff is courteous and helpful. Overall a good place to stay on a reasonable budget. Will definitely stay there again and hope certain changes are made to better the facilities.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
US
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

Stayed for a couple of days at this hotel. Located right in the heart of the city, it does enable one to have easy access to shopping, hotels and transportation. The staff are courteous and do make an effort for prompt action. However the decor is dated and could do with some renovation. Overall, a decent option if you are not spending the entire day holed up in a hotel room!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2010

Me, my wife and my daughter visited Ramanashree hotel on 17th of April 2010. From outside I thought it is a 3 star hotel (as 'they' claim). But after booking rooms we were given room number 112. But the AC was not working there and hence we had to change the room within an hour! Second time we were put in room no. 319. Even that was pathetic, not proper AC, non-working TV and bed bugs! We spent horrible night and had to cough-out Rs.2200!!!! Look out for better hotels like Sandesh De Prince or Pai Vista! We missed it out:-(

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank vinayghegde

Travelers are raving about these Mysuru (Mysore) hotels

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

Like others have said the location is good and from the outside it looks like a nice place.

Inside its really tired looking and quite grubby. The bathrooms are quite mouldy and the rooms have a really strong chemical smell to them.

The lift is also really dodgy - so best to be avoided.

The staff were a bit mixed, some seemed happy to help while others didn't seem to know what was going on half the time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

Myself with my wife and son reached the hotel at around 7 PM. That time it was raining heavily and they could not accommodate any parking lot in the hotel, so I kept my car outside the hotel for about 2 hours.
In the the reception they offered me a suite though I booked a deluxe room which I felt a good gesture from their side. After about 3 hours they called me and asked me to park my car inside the hotel parking lot as their driver left for the day. This was really surprising and the parking lot was very narrow so it took me long time to park my car.
In the dinner we ordered some non-veg items along with one fish menu. The food was very spicy and we felt the fish item might be spoiled. In the mid might my wife started vomiting and we suspect this was because of the spoiled food. So I would suggest never try any fish items there and be very careful about the food in this hotel.
And after repeated phone calls they didn't clear the plates from the room and morning we call them again to clear these dinner plates which we felt is an example of very bad service.
So overall I would say this is a very ordinary hotel and it does not worth paying the money (they changed around 3K per day).

• Liked — Room was good
  • Disliked — Food, car parking and room services
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank Arindam G
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

..takes a different meaning here in this hotel! Ramashree is an expensive hotel, and it behaves likewise. Treats guests differentially, hikes up room tariffs occussaionally, if it is raining outside, or you are at a disadvantageous poistion! Now what nature of host would do that!..end of the day stay away from the hotel if you can, I am sure I would have had I had more time on my hand to search for options. Location is definitely prime for this place, I bet that is what they are counting on, but it wont serve them good to treat guests the way they do! I got a mouldy room, on the ground floor which I suspect would have been used for staff quarters, bugs in the bed, dirty washroom. No service! I could not call front desk to get the room cleaned, so I walked up to them, and requested..mind you I said requested...and they said they would, and did not keep their word! I am not disturbed by all this, but I just hate feeling exploited by cheap market economics!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

The Ramanashree, Mysore is a mid range hotel, well located near the Mysore Palace and the fascinating Devaraja Market.

The hotel staff right from the doorman, the receptionists, waiters and houseboys are friendly and welcoming. Rooms are comfortable if nondescript, available with and without AC, reasonably sized - could be larger vis a vis the price, very clean with attached bathroom.

The room rate includes breakfast for two - an unlimited buffet in the first floor restaurant, comprising traditional South Indian and continental vegetarian and non - veg fare. The idlis and upma on offer were nothing to write home about.

To our utter chagrin, the coffee served was appalling. Mysore is famous for its fresh, best quality coffee. We were really looking forward to a good cup of morning coffee. Alas, that was not to be.

We also had dinner at the restaurant. Again to our disappointment, there was only North Indian and Chinese cuisine on offer whereas Mysore is famous for its local cuisine.

The hotel has Wi Fi, laundry and a travel desk.

I do not think we would stay here again. There are several hotels in Mysore city offering similar rooms at better value and certainly a better cuisine and coffee. Having said that, I am all praise for the personnel who were most helpful with directions and shopping tips.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Poor choice of food and bad coffee
  • Stayed June 2009
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)