“Irresponsible Reception staff”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Crystal Paark Inn
Ranked #40 of 104 Hotels in Mysuru (Mysore)
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I dont reccoment this hotel to any one. I had really bad experience with reception over their. They asked me my driving licence while check in and promise me to return me back to my room. But I never received my licence back and I also forgot to take it back while checking out due busy schedule of my tour. Now its been 1 month they havnt send me my licenece back. Whenever I called them some of them say they have it with them and some say they sent it back by post. Most of the time they put me on hold for minutes and cuts the call.

Dont they understand driving licenec is very imp document to every one and they dont even have courtsy to send it to me.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Crystal Paark Inn

Reviewed August 12, 2013

i had selected this hotel based on certain reviews that i had read. but on staying there i feel that this is a place that can be recommended to friends who are searching the net like me. This is in the heart of the city, zoo and palace are very close, walkable distance. The rooms were neat and tidy especially the bathrooms, which I was very particular. We had selected the Queens room because the bed was quite large and we (4) slept very comfortably. The best thing that we liked about the hotel was the food ( Ambari ). Breakfast was complimentary, and was good. The dinner we had tried on day one, and was hooked on to it. The tandoori items were very good just like the other items on menu. would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Queens room, if parents and two kids are staying.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff of this hotel are friendly and make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive , the rooms are clean and have everything you need for a few nights stay , the bar in the basement has a good food choice however on my stay continental menu was not available but the food I had was of very good quality , full bar available.
It's very well located for Mysore I stopped two nights but returned later for another nights stay , money can be easily exchanged at the well run reception desk.
The rooms are nice basic but very clean and have a amazing shower , tv cable in the room and a balcony to see and look at Mysore by night .
Breakfast food of good quality but limited choice for European tastes but juice and toast are offered with tea coffee and fruit , indian breakfast food also available .
Will visit this hotel again

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Made a quick 1 night trip to Mysore to visit Chamoondi temple on 8-9 june. This is my second stay at Crystal Paark. Quick access to everything, zoo, palace, eateries etc. Got a comfort room, slightly small for the price. Didnt get a chance to sample the b'fast. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Food , ambience and location is very good. We did not stay there but went for food (lunch). Prices are pretty ok but needs improvement of more items in the menu card.

Really missed to stay there as rooms were full and had to stay in the near by hotel on Harsha road.

Next time i visit mysore, will surely book this hotel room in advance

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel for a family outing for three days and to be frank, when we booked, none of us had heard of this place before. However, some friends in Mysore vouched saying this was a decent place.

We were a family of 7 with two kids and had booked three rooms. On the first look, the hotel is a neat place with the rooms and bath maintained well.

The rooms come with breakfast. The quality of food in the restaurant (on the ground floor) is pretty good. The complimentary breakfast had south indian affair every morning. Though the choice was limited, the quality and taste of the food was very good. The coffee was brilliant too :-)

One of the major plus points of this place is its proximity to the city center. The city palace is walking distance from the hotel.

I would say that the rooms have just enough space for two people to move around. It does have a spacious balcony which opens out onto the street below. Having the door open to the balcony can be a noisy affair. The rooms in this hotel would suit people choosing to spend the night and use the loo (spending most of the time out).

The third room that was allotted to us was much smaller. I think they fit it into the corridor when they constructed the place - it had five walls and the beds were not comfortable. However, on complaining the following morning, we were shifted to another room.

The funny thing was that the room had no fans! The rooms are not centrally air-conditioned, you need to switch on the split A/C when you get in. So when you come in to the room on a hot day, it could take some time for the room to be cooled down. Frustrating wait.

They claim that they have running hot water 24 hours a day. Unfortunately, this wasn't true on the two days we stayed here. You almost never have hot water during the evenings should you want to have a shower.

I had a feeling that the staff tried too hard to do the basic things before they eventually got it right!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with 4 walls, not 5!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on 29th March for 1 night. We had booked 2 comfortable suite rooms. The rooms are pretty good with all modern amenities, including the bathroom which has a shower cubicle. The rooms also had a balcony which is a good sit out area though because of the heat we did not use it much. The only grouch is the plumbing system of the bathrooms which might require cleaning as the bathrooms had some foul smell though pretty less but it was smelling pleasant. The location of the hotel is also top notch, being pretty close to all major touristy locations but still a little away from the hustle bustle of the bus stand or the palace area. There is car parking space. As far as food goes, its pretty good though some of us might feel its a tad expensive as all dishes are above 100 bucks.

Room Tip: The park view rooms should be a better bet as there is less traffic on that side of the road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family