“An average hotel”

Shree Guru Residency
Ranked #40 of 152 Mysuru (Mysore) B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here for one night on the way from Coorg to Bangalore. Booking was done by my friend. Overall services were found good and staff were helpful. However, room was not upto the mark. Not a single thing was in order. AC was making occasional noise, shower was out of shape, bed sheets were old. But breakfast was really good, specially I enjoyed Upma and coffee.

Room Tip: See room facilities first before checking in
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We booked this hotel through Make My trip. I had two aged person along with me. We were travelling from Bangalore and just 5 minutes before reaching the hotel I called up to know the exact location. The receptionist told me that I don't have any booking in the hotel on that day. When I mentioned my Make My trip booking ID then he mentioned that the booking is not confirmed although it is clearly showing on my receipt as booking confirmed. A month before the travel date when I called up the hotel they themselves had confirmed that I have a booking on that particular day only.

After reaching the hotel waited us more than 30 minutes in the reception and then finally confirmed that we have booking and provided us the rooms.

We took 2 Non AC rooms, one at first floor and the second one at second floor (Room No. 205). When I entered Room No. 205 it was smelling horrible. I thought probably it's due to non usage of the room for some time and asked the receptionist to spray room freshener. After spraying it was ok for 15 minutes but when I switched on the fan we could not stay in the room. Then I asked the receptionist to change my room since it was stinking so much. He was very reluctant and constantly mentioning the room has been checked and then provided to us and they don't have any other room. Since we didn't have any option so I tried to find out the reason myself and found that the smell is coming from the toilet and the reason is birds. They used the toilets like us. Toilet has an opening at the top from where birds can come inside it.

Since the receptionist was not at co-operating, I highlighted the matter to the floor manager and finally they moved us to room 105 which is just below 205. So, if you are planning to go for Non-AC rooms then please avoid room no 205.

Room 105 and 205 are much smaller compared to the other non AC rooms.

Only good thing in this hotel is the food and specially the break fast. There were around 7 / 8 items in the breakfast and everything is delicious. People from other places also come here to have breakfast. Also, the location is pretty good.

Room Tip: Avoid room 205
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2014

stayed here for a brief period of few hours and then shifted to other hotel as not at all satisfied with the facilities and rooms, the reception was big but the lobby of rooms show that u entered into a old lodge, with no lighting and some sort of odd smell, the rooms were small and not cosy enough to stay, bathrooms had fittings which were ready to come out, had a coffee for which they charged an price where i get same at an airport....changed the hotel with all these experiences...
with all travelling this was the most unforgettable hotel to go in till now....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rkr-ch
Reviewed January 30, 2014

- Stayed with family during 3rd week of December.
- Stay was quite comfortable, Rooms were clean and decently maintained.
- Ambiance and environ was pretty decent.
- Food is good; and breakfast is sumptuous. Veggie all the way.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

our over all experience was good at this hotel.In spite we check in at 6.30 Am, every thing was up to the mark, AC was not working so we have been offered another room immediately.
at the given rates and with clear trip coupons, i liked the stay very much.
Dr. vipul kakkad

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed on December 13th for one day (thank goodness!) in Room 105 and I stayed up all night. Reason - simple, "BED BUGS".

Its a pathetic sham that this particular hotel is running. I had seen an earlier review about how bad this hotel is regarding hygiene issues and one user had even uploaded pictures of bed bugs. I should have learnt my lesson, but I thought they must have sorted out these issues and went ahead and stayed. Worst decision ever.

After I complained, I was shifted to another room (Room 112) in which I couldn't switch on TV. I had missed the premier league matches the other night and I had hoped to catch up that morning but the hotel decides not to let me sleep, or watch football.

I am up at 5:30 AM in the morning writing this review in this hotel room, waiting to bash up the hotel manager next thing this morning!

Room Tip: Please stay away from this hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Prasad N
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel is centrally located with good ambiance. We found the service very good and people friendly and helpful. It is a pure vegetarian hotel with sumptuous breakfast and good food for lunch and dinner. Our stay was pleasant and comfortable.

Room Tip: Though lift is available, I always go for a room on lower floor as it is convenient if and when lift...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family