“Value hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Om Shanthi

Om Shanthi
Ranked #22 of 490 Restaurants in Mysuru (Mysore)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Delhi, India
“Value hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Good hotel for south Indian food. Whenever you find a hotel reliant on locals for business, it has to be good. In south India, the focus of most of middle class and its preferred hotels are centered around good food at a decent price. People would eat quickly and move on. If you are not that type and want to enjoy the ambiance and food you should probably move to the AC area of the hotel (which is also not expensive by Metro standards). Service is just OK. I really liked the Mysore bonda, Mysore masala dosa and the coffee (really good). True value for money.

• Visited September 2013

“Great food - be there early or stand in the queue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We went here because our Rickshaw driver (great guy btw: Lokesh 0091 - 9341410471) recommended it to us.

We ordered one North and one South India thali. Great quality. It was absolutely packed for lunch and it was great to see large Indian families (kids to grandma) have weekend lunch. We were lucky to beat the crowd by 10 mins (arrived at 12:30 - 12:45). Even though it was very busy staff remained friendly. You can choose between A/C and non A/C area.

• Visited September 2013
Union Territory of Pondicherry, India
“Oh! Shanti”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Since we stayed at the hotel we ate breakfast here, not too pricey and crowd is very local elite but the dosa turned leathery sooner than usual, I enjoyed my Pongal and the Poorie Bhaji though. Thick syruppy tea not as good as the coffee.

Visited July 2013
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“2 places - both nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I arrived here tired & hungry at about 6pm in the evening. The place was crowded & cooled by ceiling fans. The decor was pretty casual & there was a nice family atmosphere. I ordered channa batura for 60 rupees & a lassi. Both arrived quickly & were really nice. Next day I went again for lunch after a long walk down Chamundi Hill & I was really hungry. The menu was mainly snacks, but I wanted something more substantial. Eventually an older waiter escorted me to a sort of inner sanctum with smarter decor & air conditioning. Here I has a wonderful South Indian thali. I was so full I could hardly move but it was delicious. So if you want something bigger or slightly more upmarket go to the posher annexe. Anyway, both are good but they are different.

• Visited July 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

we had our breakfast despite staying at ginger hotel.Best place to have your meal with a great deal. good food but ignorant manger at the door with a tie no welcome no one will you take you to the table find your own. clean and good place

Visited June 2013