“2 places - both nice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Om Shanthi

Om Shanthi
Ranked #24 of 484 Restaurants in Mysuru (Mysore)
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“2 places - both nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I arrived here tired & hungry at about 6pm in the evening. The place was crowded & cooled by ceiling fans. The decor was pretty casual & there was a nice family atmosphere. I ordered channa batura for 60 rupees & a lassi. Both arrived quickly & were really nice. Next day I went again for lunch after a long walk down Chamundi Hill & I was really hungry. The menu was mainly snacks, but I wanted something more substantial. Eventually an older waiter escorted me to a sort of inner sanctum with smarter decor & air conditioning. Here I has a wonderful South Indian thali. I was so full I could hardly move but it was delicious. So if you want something bigger or slightly more upmarket go to the posher annexe. Anyway, both are good but they are different.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

we had our breakfast despite staying at ginger hotel.Best place to have your meal with a great deal. good food but ignorant manger at the door with a tie no welcome no one will you take you to the table find your own. clean and good place

Visited June 2013
“Unproffessional!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

It was a crowded Friday afternoon. The three of us were made to wait for 45 mins despite being no: 1 on the waiting list. The reason: If we are 3, a table for 3 only has to get vacant!! The guy refused to give us a table for 4 or 6 but kept accomodating the 4s n the 6s. I took this up with a mngr named Myla Reddy who told us thats what they been asked to do n went on to try n convince me how a bigger crowd would fetch them more revenue rather than us, so they have their priorities! Food is hygenic, but expensive as the service left a lot to be desired.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mysuru (Mysore), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service and Inferior Food Quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Om Shanthi was always our favorite joint for South Indian Food and Thali until recent when not only food, but the service was quite appalling! Our luck went horribly wrong when instead of going to another good restaurant we thought of trying Om Shanthi for Rava Idli and South Indian Meals.

Rava Idli priced at Rs. 42 was the worst Rava Idli I ever had my life. Idli looked Stale and was smelling horibbly bad! South Indian Meals (priced at Rs 80 or 100 cant remember) clearly said that it will be served with Poori, but instead cold stale Paratha was served with it. On confronting, the waiter said thats what they have!

I left the place quite disappointed and vowed never to come back again. It may not affect them to loose one of their loyal customer, but they should understand its hard to built your reputation but may take 1-2 bad service to bring it down to dust!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mysore, India
“The best evening place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Every time we drive this place in the evening, we make it a point to munch our snacks here. The taste is too good. The ice cream and pan after the coffee makes every evening a special evening

Visited March 2013